Write a Script Explaining Research Methods in Your Disciplinary Area: History Assignment, UQ, Australia
Write a script explaining research methods in your disciplinary area, (modern history), to an audience of people outside of your disciplinary area. (using some emerging concepts: empirical, quantitative, qualitative, when they are relevant to your disciplinary area)
“Historians: well, there are many different approaches to history. What type of history have you been studying? Often historical methodologies are based on the type of sources (historians don’t usually call it data) that you are studying. For example, the historians you are studying may have focused on archives relating to a given subject area. Why have they done that? How do they justify it? Or they made read government policy. They may create or access oral histories, Why collect oral histories? How? Or some historians work with objects or images. Look for references that discuss a specific methodological approach.”
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Every discipline has methods (some agreed upon, some contested) with an ideological basis. How can you explain yours in terms of data or sources, tools, techniques, and methodologies? How can you explain these methods in an interesting way that someone from another discipline could understand, and even if the person in that other discipline might not want to be in your discipline, or use your methods, can you help them understand what YOU do?
The rationale for this is that the research methods in your disciplinary area are what you’re becoming an expert at. So, for example, instead of talking about what you do on a subject basis. Such as: “I consider authorship attribution in Shakespearean texts through measuring authorial style by extending stylometry into computational statistics; counting and comparing the use of words in texts – which is what Hugh Craig does (as you will discover later in the course) – this assessment on methods is asking you to break down your disciplines methods to make sense of them.
Professor Craig is a literary scholar who uses empirical, quantitative tools and techniques because this allows a different, more specific truth about patterns of authorship to resolve disputes over, say, whether Shakespeare wrote what we think Shakespeare wrote.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Do you want to impress your History professor by submitting an impeccable assignment? Consult our proficient online homework helpers for drafting an excellent history assignment. We are acknowledged as the most reliable assignment help service provider in Australia. We have been helping students to maintain a good academic record for the last many years.
Recent Solved Questions
- BSBITU313: Set Up Your Desk Ergonomically Before You Commence: Design And Produce Digital, DU, Australia
- SITXFIN004: You Will Learn The Process Of Drafting And Finalizing A Budget Through Examining The Influence: Prepare And Monitor Budgets Assignment, VU, Australia
- BSBDAT501: Select Methods Of Data Analysis Relevant To Each Dataset: Analyze Data Report, UniSA, Australia
- The given dataset, “RedWine.txt”, is used to model wine quality based on physicochemical tests The dataset provides the 1,599 red wine samples from the north of Portugal: International Financial management Assignment, UOW, Australia
- You are Employed as an Irish Economic Consultant. Write a Short Economic Report: Macroeconomics Assignment, Maynooth University (MU), Ireland
- SITXWHS003 : You work for The Hospitality Co-Op Your Manager David has a Backlog of Work due for the End of the Financial Year: Implement and Monitor work Health and Safety Practices Assignment, TAFE NSW, Australia
- To Develop And Demonstrate Skills Related To Reviewing Literature Using A Systematic Approach: Evidence Based Practice, VU, Australia
- PSYC307: The limbic system: the brain region located on either side of the thalamus, just under the cerebrum It includes the hypothalamus: Emotions Assignment, UNE, Australia
- BSBADM311: You Work As The Purchasing Officer or A Medium-Sized Safety Solutions: Maintain Business Resources Case Study, VU, Australia
- Is It Ethical For Amazon To Dump Or Incinerate Unused Stock: Business And Professional Ethics Essay, MU, Australia