Workplace Law assignment with context to Bob an employee at RSL club
|Bob was employed by the RSL club on 24 June 2009 as a part-time sommelier in the Cellar Wine Bar at the club’s main venue in Harbour town. The club is comprised of five venues and employs 460 employees and 800 contractors. The club has policies and procedures, which included its Code of Conduct. Bob had attended annual training in relation to the Code of Conduct on 26 August 2011. Bob had worked for the club for a number of years when the club decided that the bar work was going to be done by contractors. Bob was asked to arrange for an Australian Business Number and to put in invoices for his work. The club still supervised Bob and his role didn’t change other than invoicing for work. During the course of business one day, it was alleged that a co-worker, Iris, had been the subject of sexually inappropriate comments from Bob, and bullying by him. The evidence was that the Bob had singled Iris out for attention, that the attention was unwanted and unwelcome, that Iris found the comments offensive and very rude and the experience gave rise to feelings of discomfort, embarrassment and anger. Bob’s evidence was that he did not single out Iris, that he and Iris engaged in light-hearted banter, and that Iris did not resist him or complain about him. The club’s policies, procedures and Code of Conduct contained in its Employee Handbook described behaviour such as bullying and harassment. A further consideration was that there was inconsistency in the interpretation and application of the policies and procedures by leaders in the workplace and they often applied different values. Bob was a mature worker and really didn’t understand the requirements of the club’s Code of Conduct, despite training.|
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
1/ Is Bob now a contractor or can it be argued that he is an employee? Explain with reference to the common law test.
2/ If Bob is an employee, are the policies binding regarding Bob’s contract of employment? Explain with reference to case law.
3/ If the Club were to dismiss Bob, do they have a valid reason? Explain referring to legislation and case law.
Get Help By Expert
Buy assignment online from the Australian experts of AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com. We have a team of master academic writers that take care of all your needs and work proficiently. Acquire our law assignment writing help online and stay relaxed to score high grades.
Recent Solved Questions
- At Its Meeting Today, the Board Decided to Lower the Cash Rate by 25 basis: Global Economy Assignment, OU, Australia
- Accounting Standards & Regulations Assignment- UTS Business School Australia
- BSBDIV501: Review Your Existing Diversity Policy In The Workplace: Manage Workplace Diversity Assignment, HI, Australia
- MTCS5037: Classify The Architectures Of Local Area Networks (LAN) And Wide Area Networks (WAN): Data Networking Assignment, DU, Australia
- NURS6003: Establishing a Nurse-led Clinic or Stand-alone Nurse Practitioner Service: Clinical Management Assignment, CU, Singapore
- ECOM30002/90002 Econometrics 2 – University of Australia
- MKT600: To Enhance A Clear Understanding Of The Importance Of Marketing In Modern Business Practices: Marketing Assignment, DU, Australia
- MN604- Research in Information Security Management
- SITXINV003: You Can Make An Appeal About An Assessment Decision By Putting: Purchase Goods Assignment, VU, Australia
- MBA402: You must Prepare a Sustainability Assessment Report for Tramalway Industries Referring to the Consolidated: Governance, Ethics and Sustainability Assignment, KU, Australia