What Is The First Thing You Should Do When An Incident Has Been Stabilized: Communication Assignment, UWA, Australia
|University||University of Western Australia|
Case Study A Robert suffers from diabetes, and if his blood sugars drop too low, he suffers from symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, and blurred vision. If these symptoms are ignored or missed, Robert is at risk of much more severe outcomes such as seizures or a stroke.
Robert is usually very good at controlling his diabetes, but recently he has been taking a lot of medication for a different illness, and as a result, has lost his appetite. This means that he is not moderating his blood sugar levels and is experiencing dizziness and weakness regularly. At 08:15 on Saturday morning (14th October), Robert is still in bed as he feels unwell – dizzy and nauseous. When he tries to get himself out of bed, he loses his balance and falls to the ground. Robert isn’t injured from this fall, but it seems to be a result of his symptoms.
Organizational procedures for reporting incidents:
1. Provide an initial verbal notification to your supervisor once the situation has been stabilized
2. Complete an incident form (located in the staff room) including all of the relevant information
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Description of incident (Please include names of individuals involved, nature of the incident, and a narrative of what occurred):
What is the first thing you should do when an incident has been stabilized?
Where are the incident forms located?
Why should you suggest measures to be put in place?
Sam works in a care home for the elderly. He carries out all general duties with the clients, including helping them to eat meals and carry out personal hygiene as well as general activities throughout the day. During his working day, Sam sees that a flap of the carpet has become loose in one of his client’s room Organizational procedures to follow in the event of a hazard:
1. Control the hazard
2. Inform the relevant personnel Completes a ‘hazard form’ kept in the staff room.
What is the hazard Sam has identified and how does this pose a risk?
Referring to the organizational procedures provided, identify how you would respond to the scenario presented in Case Study B.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Our expert Australian assignment writers cover each and every topic in communication that is provided to the students. Our team of assignment experts possesses a comprehensive understanding of Communication assignment therefore they will write superior quality assignments for students at a very cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- FNSACC301: What Is The Debit And Credit Formula For Each Account Type: Process Financial Transactions And Extract Interim Report, SU, Australia
- HI5020: Identify The Different Sources Of Funds That Have Been Used By Your Selected Companies: Corporate Accounting Assignment, HI, Australia
- HLTAMB008: Provided Written Evidence Supporting An Understanding Of Pharmacological Definitions: Assess And Deliver Basic Clinical Care Course Work, VU, Australia
- The Middle Years Of Schooling Focuses On Young Adolescent Learners: Teaching Assignment, DU, Australia
- You are Required to Develop, Implement and Monitor a Small Business Financial Plan: Finance Assignment, CU, Australia
- Calculate The Amount Or Volume Of HFA-134: Advance Medicine Formulation Assignment, ANU, Australia
- SITXHRM002: You Are Required To Address All Questions To Achieve Competence: Roster Staff Assignment, VU, Australia
- Plasma Concentrations After An Extravascular Dose Half-Life Physiological Determinants: Plasma Concentrations During An Intravenous Infusion Assignment, USA, Australia
- NURS1103: You have been Asked to Interview Your Patient to Learn About Their Health History: Clinical Reasoning Case Study, UoN, Australia
- Using an Entrepreneurial Venture You Wish to Start (the New Venture can be a Stand-alone Entity: Entrepreneurship Assignment, CSU, Australia