The Equation Below Represents A Monotonic Acid Ionizing With Water To Form Ions: Chemistry Assignment, FU, Australia
The equation below represents a monoprotic acid ionizing with water to form ions in an aqueous solution.
HA (aq) + H2O ⇌ H3O+ (aq) + A– (aq)
a) Sketch diagrams to show the clear differences between a strong, concentrated acid and a 2 weak, dilute acid.
|Strong, concentrated acid||Weak, dilute acid|
b) Acid X is monoprotic and has a Ka value of 64 × 10−5.
1. Classify the strength of Acid X, giving a reason for your
2. Determine the pH of a 43 × 10−3 mol L-1 solution of Acid X.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
When ethanoic acid and butanol are mixed together under certain conditions, esterification occurs.
a) Describe the conditions necessary for this reaction and draw diagrams to show the structural formulae and names of the products.
b) Explain how the yield and purity of the products could be increased.
a) A student studies precipitation reactions involving different concentrations of sodium carbonate, Na2CO3, and silver nitrate, AgNO3, solutions.
b) The student wonders if precipitation will occur when 100.0 mL of 0.001 mol L-1 Na2CO3 is mixed with 100.0 mL of 0.001 mol L-1 AgNO3 at 25°C.
c) Write an ionic equation for the chemical reaction and use calculations to determine whether a precipitate will occur when the two solutions are mixed.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
The levels of copper metal in marine ecosystems must be carefully monitored, and AAS is one spectroscopic technique that can be used to determine the concentration of copper, even at very low levels.
a) An analytical chemist was given the task of measuring copper levels in some marine
They first produced a primary standard of copper(II) nitrate solution with a concentration of 100 ppm and then diluted it using volumetric apparatus to make four 200.0 mL standard solutions.
The table below shows volumes used to carry out the dilutions.
|Standard Solution||The volume of 100 ppm primary|
1. Calculate the concentration (in ppm) for each standard
2. The absorbance for each standard solution was measured using AAS to produce the
b) Explain why it is important to monitor the environment and the importance of having water
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
You can approach our Chemistry assignment help services at any time without hesitation via mail or live chat. Our Federation university assignment writers have the capacity to solve each and every part of the topic related to chemistry. So if you want to secure good grades in the chemistry assignment at FU, contact us hurry.
Recent Solved Questions
- AYB230: Activist CEO’s are Acting Outside the Scope of Their Fiduciary Duties: Corporations Law Assignment, QUT, Australia
- EDMT6633: Use the interview data in combination with relevant research to write up a detailed case study on the family: Family Community and Contexts Assignment, UOS, Australia
- BSBOPS504: Explain The Requirements Of WHS Legislation In Relation To Risk Management: Manage Business Risk Assignment, SU, Australia
- You are a Recent Accounting Graduate and have been Employed by the Australian Securities: Accounting Standards and Regulations (ASR) Assignment, UTS, Australia
- BSBPMG415: On December 26th, 2004, an earthquake measuring 9.0 on the Richter scale occurred in the Indian Ocean: Apply project risk management techniques Assignment, Australia Government,Australia
- Leadership Research Paper for College Students in Australia
- NUR3020: Critically Apply Relevant Legal And Ethical Principles To Future Health Care: Nursing, SU, Australia
- MC4061: Describe the business environment for an organization operating in a specific sector with relevant data gathering and interpretation: Principles of Marketing Assignment, LMU, Australia
- ONLINE TAKE-HOME EXAM – Australia and the World – 100958 – Spring 2018
- CPCCBC4004A: To complete this task, you are required to submit a price for the contractual obligations of Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s construction project: Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects Assessment, VU, Australia