SITXINV002: You Will Be Observed By Your Assessor When Conducting Temperature And Quality: Maintain The Quality Of Perishable Items Assignment, VU, Australia
|University||Victoria University [VU]|
|Subject||SITXINV002: Maintain The Quality Of Perishable Items|
Assessment Task 1
Student Assessment Information
For this Assessment Task, you will be observed by your Assessor when conducting temperature and quality checks on each of the following delivered goods (to AVETA`s Commercial Kitchen) to establish whether the delivered goods are within allowable tolerances:
1. cold or chilled foods (to be stored in AVETA`s cold room)
2. frozen foods (to be stored in AVETA`s freezer)
3. raw foods (to be stored in AVETA`s cold room)
4. reheated foods or ingredients (to be stored in AVETA`s bain-marie)
To assist you in this process you will be required to use your calibrated temperature probe to determine whether or not the delivered goods are at the correct temperatures. When you have taken the temperatures of the delivered goods your to record the temperatures on the supplier`s invoice.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
1. If the temperature or temperatures are within the allowable tolerances you will be required to date code the delivered goods (on a date label) to maximize the use of the delivered goods. You
will then be required to show the date code label that you have placed on the delivered good to your Assessor as summative evidence.
2. If the temperature or temperatures are outside of the allowable tolerances you should note this on your supplier`s invoice, return the goods to the supplier (your Head Chef will role-play your supplier) and adjust the invoice and report this to your Head Chef (your Assessor will role-play your Head Chef during this Assessment activity).
When you have completed your temperature checks you will then be required to conduct a quality check on each of the delivered goods and if you are satisfied with the quality of each perishable item you will be required to store the item in suitable environmental conditions. If you are not satisfied with the quality of any
the delivered item you should note this on your supplier`s invoice, return the goods to the supplier and adjust the invoice and report this to your Head Chef (your Assessor will role-play your Head Chef during this Assessment activity).
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Finally, you will be required to submit the supplier`s invoice and date label (which will reflect the temperature checks and quality checks that you have undertaken for each of the delivered goods).
Assessment Task 2
Student Assessment Information
For this Assessment Task, you will be observed by your Assessor when
a) maintaining perishable supplies at optimum quality; this will require you to check perishable supplies (in AVETA`s commercial kitchen) and dispose of the spoilt stock.
To be able to maintain perishable supplies at the optimum quality you will need to:
1. Regularly check and adjust environmental conditions of all storage areas and equipment to maintain perishable supplies at the optimum quality (you will be required to conduct this check after you have been assessed as S – Satisfactory for Assessment Task 1).
2. Conduct temperature checks according to food safety procedures, and protect supplies from spoilage
3. Regularly check perishable supplies for quality (Day 2 of this Unit of Competency); and
4. Inspect items for animal and pest damage and report incidents of infestation; and
5. Identify deficiencies, and report findings or dispose of any non‐usable supplies within scope of own responsibility; and
6. Safely dispose of spoilt stock and waste to minimize negative environmental impacts.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Grab excellent help in (SITXINV002) Maintain The Quality Of Perishable Items assignment by the experts and stay happy always. Victoria university assignment help has a team of assignment writers that understand student's needs and work hard.
Recent Solved Questions
- HI5019-Strategic Information System Tutorial Solution
- CHC30113: PART A holistic Dovelopment Nutrition is extremely important in relation to a child’s brain development: Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care Assignment, Tafe Nsw, Australia
- Sociology of Difference and Deviance – University of Australia
- What Is The First Thing You Should Do When An Incident Has Been Stabilized: Communication Assignment, UWA, Australia
- Provide a Case Study Focusing on the Midwifery Management, Support, and Referral Pathways for the Woman: Perinatal Mental Health Assignment, ANU, Australia
- MKT525: Analyze the Current Market Situation for Your Organizations Using the PESTLE and SWOT frameworks: Digital and Social Media Marketing Assignment, CSU, Australia
- Compare Singapore and Australia in Terms of Hofstede’s Cultural Dimensions: Organisation Development and Change Assignment, RMIT, Australia
- BSBPMG512: An Organization Will Likely Have Several Projects Underway: Manage Project Time Assignment, VU, Australia
- CHCCOM006: Maintain A Reflection Journal Over The Next 7 Days: Establish And Manage Client Relationships Assignment, VU, Australia
- CU1112 : Demonstrate Critical Thinking and your Ability to Illustrate the Major Connections Between Information and Society: Communication, Information and Society Essay, JCU, Australia