SITXFIN003: You are the Assistant Manager of TIV Restaurant have been Set a Food Budget: Manage Finances Within a Budget Assignment, VU, Australia
|University||Victoria University [VU]|
|Subject||SITXFIN003: Manage Finances Within a Budget|
You are the assistant manager of TIV restaurant have been set a food budget of 35% food cost. For the last 3 months, you have had an average food cost percentage of 38.96% and your manager has told you to find ways to get the food budget back to 35%. You need to find a new pricing structure for how much each menu item’s selling price is to meet this target. In the sales summary on the next page find a way to slightly increase prices of certain menu items in order to get the sales back below budget.
- For scenario 1 produce an excel spreadsheet the same as the one previous with the calculations showing a Total food cost percentage of 35% or below.
- Produce 3 more excel spreadsheet charts for the following time periods:
- 1st Oct 2018 to 1st Jan 2019
- 1st Jan 2019 to 1 Apr 2019
- 1st Apr 2019 to 1st July 2019
Base these forecast budgets on the average food cost increasing by 0.75% per quarter and making sure you have food sales over costs percentage remains below 35%
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
1st Jul 2019 to 1st Oct 2020
Adjust the following sales prices in the menu below to a total of 35% food cost
|Menu item||Sales no.||Food cost||Sales price||Food cost %||Menu cost||Menu sales|
|Seared scallops in champaign sauce||612||$5.20||$11.90||43.70%||$3,182.40||$7,282.80|
|Thai vegetable salad||478||$1.95||$10.90||17.89%||$932.10||$5,210.20|
|300g wagyu rib-eye with garlic and rosemary jus||443||$19.53||$38.90||50.21%||$8,651.79||$17,232.70|
|Chicken and camembert in filo||682||$5.98||$23.50||25.45%||$4,078.36||$16,027.00|
|Cured salmon with coriander salsa||656||$13.98||$26.90||51.97%||$9,170.88||$17,646.40|
|BBQ pork ribs||289||$13.34||$27.90||47.81%||$3,855.26||$8,063.10|
|Braised beer duck||629||$9.98||$24.90||40.08%||$6,277.42||$15,662.10|
|Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce||434||$2.40||$9.90||24.24%||$1,041.60||$4,296.60|
|Mixed berry panacotta||645||$3.49||$9.90||35.25%||$2,251.05||$6,385.50|
|TOTAL MEALS SOLD||8978||MENU TOTALS||$62,504.55||$160,424.40|
|TOTAL FOOD COST %||38.96%|
Then discuss the following questions below.
- What are other ways can the food cost percentage can be lowered?
- What can happen to the total food cost percentage if sales decline due to prices increasing too much?
- What can happen to the sales if the quality of food and service declines?
Case Study Task 2
Top of the Town Hotel has asked you to calculate the variance for the following figures for the month of July and August. Also, calculate the total profit that was budgeted and actual. Analyze the findings and inform them about the variance as they are concerned and would like to monitor the income, expenditure, profit levels, budgetary performance of their Food and Beverage Department.
The hotel owners and managers would like to know the form you the major areas of concern where there is a deviation that needs monitoring and improvement
Answer the following questions
Q1. What are other ways can the food cost percentage can be lowered?
Q2. What can happen to the total food cost percentage if sales decline due to prices increasing too much?
Q3. What can happen to the sales if the quality of food and service declines?
Q4. Explain the importance to the owners of monitoring budgets and why do you think it will help them to manage their finance better for the business. How you will allocate the budgets according to the organisational control systems.
Q5. Explain to them the use of analysing the monthly budget and comparing the forecasted budget against the actual budgets.
Q6. Explain your findings and possible reasons for these variances.
Q7. Research and suggest what improvements do you think the owners can take to improve this situation?
Get Help By Expert
Australian students rely on us for (SITXFIN003) manage finances within a budget assignment help because we offer reliable and authentic finance assignment writing services. You will get your work before the deadline if you take our online assignment help.
Recent Solved Questions
- Huawei: How Can We Lead the Way?
- AMSM700: Demonstrate The Linkage between the Organization’s Strategy and Its Vision: Strategic Management Assignment, ARA, New Zealand
- MMM267: With the Outbreak of COVID-19, the World is Experiencing a Severe Shortage: Business Logistics Assignment, DU, Australia
- MGT501: Business Stakeholder Analysis is a Technique for Identifying Stakeholders: Business Environment Assignment, TU, Australia
- NURS6003: Establishing a Nurse-led Clinic or Stand-alone Nurse Practitioner Service: Clinical Management Assignment, CU, Singapore
- FNCE40009: US Investors are Mostly Institutional Investors. How the Homogeneity of Their Trading: Advanced Derivative Securities Assignment, Melbourne University
- At Its Meeting Today, the Board Decided to Lower the Cash Rate by 25 basis: Global Economy Assignment, OU, Australia
- Health financial management report writing for university of Australia
- Finance in the Sport and Recreation Industry
- AYB230: Activist CEO’s are Acting Outside the Scope of Their Fiduciary Duties: Corporations Law Assignment, QUT, Australia