SITXFIN003: You are an Operations Manager with Marino Enterprises and oversee the operations for six of the venues. John Marino has asked you to monitor and review specific budget: Manage Finances within a Budget Assignment, WSU, Australia
|University||Western Sydney University (WSU)|
|Subject||SITXFIN003: Manage Finances Within a Budget|
You are an Operations Manager with Marino Enterprises and oversee the operations for six of the venues. John Marino has asked you to monitor and review specific budget figures for two businesses as presented below and present an analysis of their meaning for the organization.
The management team is keen to identify issues that need to be addressed based on an analysis and review of the budget data in order to optimize the viability of the business while retaining market share, market position, and high product and service standards.
Use a spreadsheet program to calculate and facilitate the development of final figures for Property 1 as follows:
- Calculate the dollar deviations for room sales, food sales, liquor sales, wages, rent, and overheads.
- Calculate the percentage deviations for room sales, food sales, liquor sales, wages, rent, and overheads.
- Indicate if the identified deviations are positive or negative.
Use a spreadsheet program to calculate and facilitate the development of final figures for Property 2 as follows:
- Total the budgeted and actual sales for the 6 months.
- Calculate the dollar deviations for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate the percentage deviations for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate year-to-date budgeted totals for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate year-to-date actual totals for sales on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate the dollar deviations for YTD figures on a month-by-month basis.
- Calculate the percentage deviations for YTD figures on a month-by-month basis.
Property 1 suggests four possible causes for the variation in room sales.
Property 1 suggests four possible ways to manage the variation in room sales.
Identify four possible causes of the results for food sales in Property 1.
There is no need for you to investigate the ‘wages’ deviance: why might this be so?
In late June Property 1 undertook a major advertising campaign that had been factored into budgets for July: given the actual results for July, what action might you suggest to management?
Why would you want to conduct a major investigation into sales for September?
The organization has found out that other businesses in the chain had shown a 6% positive variation in actual sales against budgeted revenue figures: list three suggestions on what might you do about this?
How might you research internal factors impacting the figures you have been given? Give three suggestions.
What could you do to research external factors impacting the figures you have been given? Give five suggestions.
List five internal source documents that you would need to refer to in order to determine profit performance for the food and beverage areas.
Which colleagues and managers might you need to share these findings with? Give five suggestions.
You briefly consider reducing staff numbers as a way of improving profit but reject the idea: what reasons might be behind this thinking?
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Get Help By Expert
At Australia Assignment Help we provide finance assignment help if you are looking for an affordable, reliable, genuine website to complete your SITXFIN003: Manage Finances Within a Budget assessment at a low price. our experienced writers are available round the clock to provide top-quality essay writing, report writing, coursework writing, research paper, etc at a most reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- MGT501: Business Stakeholder Analysis is a Technique for Identifying Stakeholders: Business Environment Assignment, TU, Australia
- 1599EDN: Create a 5-minute Video Presentation Using Arts Examples made by Indigenous Peoples: World Indigenous Knowledges Assignment, GU, Australia
- MIS771: Identify Key Data Elements In The Selected Dataset That Could Be Used: Descriptive Analytics And Visualization Assignment, DBS, Australia
- PVVAL103A: Identify Relevant Planning Laws And Codes To Undertake Property Valuation: Planning And Spatial Analysis Assignment, UT, Australia
- BSB50420: Explain the process to establish and review profits and losses from financial statements: Diploma of Leadership and Management Assignment
- What is your understanding of the integrated marketing communication and Identify three current and future challenges: Marketing Essay, SBT, Australia
- NUR355: Identify a media report which relates to an aspect of child development, illness, or injury that is of public health significance: Children and Young People Report, UOT, Australia
- CSE1SPX: Discuss The Important Social And Environmental Issues: Sustainability Practices Assignment, DU, Australia
- CPCCBC4003A: Requires You To Select The Building Contract That Is Appropriate For The Residential Project Provided: Diploma Of Building And Construction Assignment, VU, Australia
- BSB40120: List three (3) pieces of legislation relevant to workplace communication: Certificate IV in Business Administration Assignment, TAFE NSW, Australia