SITXCOM005: You Are Working As Part Of The Wait Staff At A Local Restaurant: Manage Conflict Assignment, HI, Australia
|Subject||SITXCOM005: Manage Conflict|
Read the following scenarios and answer the corresponding questions for each.
You are working as part of the wait staff at a local restaurant. A customer you are serving has called you over to her table and has complained that she has found a hair in her meal. However, she has finished her meal and there is no hair to be seen. She is visibly unhappy and demanding a refund. This is not the policy of your restaurant.
1. Name 3 conflict resolution techniques and explain how you will use these to resolve this conflict:
2. What are the dangers of leaving this conflict unresolved?
You are working at a hotel that is popular with international tourists. A foreign tourist approaches you with a complaint about his room, but you are struggling to understand his concerns due to his accent and language barrier. You begin to understand that the customer has an issue with the cleanliness of his bathroom. He is becoming agitated, aggressive, raising his voice and speaking quickly. He has crossed his arms and looks stiff and tense, as well as frowning at you. How will you manage this customer’s complaint? Answer the following questions based on this scenario.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
1. What are the signs in this situation that conflict is occurring?
2. How could you overcome this communication barrier?
3. What actions can you take to resolve this complaint?
4. What actions can you take to prevent this situation from happening again in the future
5. What actions could management take to assist employees to improve their communication with international customers?
Some hostility has been occurring among your work team as Sarah and James always receive the weekend off, and the rest of the team is required to work both Saturdays and Sundays. The other employees are beginning to resent Sarah and James for always receiving the weekend off work. The team rarely works with Sarah and James due to this rostering, and when they do, there is conflict. The other employees hold fixed opinions about Sarah and James and as a result, the working environment has become tense and there has been a lot of gossips. The conflict has not been resolved and is therefore increasing in severity. As a result, arguments have occurred between Sarah and other employees. There has been a notable decrease in productivity.
1. Conflict theory can be divided into the following parts:
5. Factors involved
Using the scenario, apply the situations to the relevant parts of conflict theory listed above. Which aspects need to be addressed by you as the manager?
1. As the manager of this team, describe why you believe this conflict is occurring between Sarah and James and the other team members.
2. During the initial stages of this conflict, team members were uncomfortable about the rostering situation but did not argue about the issue. Describe the stage of the conflict that this situation has reached. What will happen if it is ignored further?
3. How can you use communication techniques to effectively manage the conflict within your team and work well with the other members?
4. How can management work with you to determine and implement a possible solution to this conflict?
5. What results will be achieved if this conflict is managed effectively?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Holmes university assignment writers provide assignment help with (SITXCOM005) Manage Conflict to students in Australia. We have some assignment experts written tips for students to prepare a perfect commercial cookery assignment without taking anyone's help.
Recent Solved Questions
- Find a Minimum of 4 Hazards and Complete the Draft Hazard Register: Security and Risk Management Report, ANU, Australia
- BUS605: This Assessment Will Help You To Design And Implement A Qualitative Study: Business Research Methodology And Data Collection Report, EC, Australia
- CHCCOM005: You enter a client’s room without personal protective equipment (PPE). After leaving the room, a co-worker tells you that the client has an infection that requires contact precautions: Communicate and work in health or community services coursework, QU, Australia
- BSBINN301: Present Your Innovative Idea To A Group Or Team Of People: Assessment 2 Assignment, TAFE NSW, Australia
- CHC33015: List At Least 10 Activities Where We Use Individualized Plan While Supporting The Person: Certificate 3 In Individual Support Knowledge Assignment, VU, Australia
- Maths assignment Questions-University of Australia
- BB104: One Of Your Friends Sammy Is About To Prepare The 31 March Balance Sheet: Introductory Accounting Assignment, MU, Australia
- Have you been involved in a cross-cultural misunderstanding with anyone, or experienced a difficult situation that stemmed from diversity: Equality and Diversity Assignment, CPD, Australia
- SITXFIN003: For This Assessment Task, Students Are Required To Read And Case Study: Manage Finances Within A Budget Assignment, VU, Australia
- MBA641: You are Required to Tender for the Contract to Project Manage the New Sydney Cruise Terminal: Strategic Project Management Assignment, KU, Australia