NRSG635: You are a new graduate nurse working in a surgical ward You have been there for one month and have been administering medications safely:Nursing Essay, ACU, Australia
|University||Australian Catholic University ACU|
Scenario part 1:
You are a new graduate nurse working in a surgical ward. You have been there for one month and have been administering medications safely during this time. Today the shift is busy and you feel rushed to complete the medications for your assigned patients. At the completion of the 08:00 medication round, you realize that you have made an error. You have administered the incorrect medication to one of the patients in your care. The nurse educator is concerned with your competence in medication management, and you feel stressed about the ramifications of your error. You are looking to them for guidance and support.
Question 1: Identify and discuss the attributes of an effective clinical leader and how might an effective leader impact the scenario. In your answer, you must link the literature to leadership theory.
Scenario part 2: The team leader then asks you to take over the complex care of a patient. You are less confident and unsure of your competence and ability to provide safe quality care for the patient, especially in light of your recent medication error.
Question 2: Identify and discuss strategies that you could use to approach this situation. In your answer relate your discussion to the Clinical Performance and Effectiveness Standard in the National Safety and Quality Health Services Standards second edition (2021), in the reference list.
Scenario part 3: The ward you are working on does not have a culture of person-centered care. You notice this within your first 6 months as a new graduate nurse and feel it’s important to bring it to the NUMs attention. You organize a meeting with your NUM to discuss.
Question 3: Identify and discuss person-centered care and how this approach might be implemented on the ward. Identify and discuss barriers to implementing this initiative.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Need someone to write my essay for me on NRSG635: Nursing then don't stress. At Australia Assignment Help We have a skilled team of experts that are familiar with all the referencing formats such as MLA, APA, Harvard, Oxford, Chicago, Vancouver, Turabian, or any other. Our essay writers assure you to provide custom essay papers on nursing assignments before the deadline.
Recent Solved Questions
- Management Accounting Coursework Writings – University of Australia
- CHCCOM005: Lorraine is a 70-year-old indigenous Australian female who used to live in a remote community. Lorraine has a hearing impairment: Communicate and work in health or community services Assignment, TNSW, Australia
- OMAS110: Show by Calculating the Product AC that C is the Inverse Matrix of A: Fundamentals of Mathematics Assignment, OU, Australia
- Health financial management report writing for university of Australia
- MBA641: You are Required to Tender for the Contract to Project Manage the New Sydney Cruise Terminal: Strategic Project Management Assignment, KU, Australia
- SITXINV003: You Can Make An Appeal About An Assessment Decision By Putting: Purchase Goods Assignment, VU, Australia
- HI5019 STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS T- Holmes Institute Australia
- What is Your Evaluation of Jenkins Proposed Approach to Changing: Stakeholder Value and Ethics Case Study, GU, Australia
- HNN108: Standard precautions and infection prevention and control strategies include hand hygiene use of personal protective equipment: Evidence-Based Practice Assignment, DU, Australia
- BSBPMG532: John Readings is an Australian book publisher distributor and retail business with stores located throughout Australia: Manage project quality Assignment, CAL, Australia