MEC2402: An aluminum solid round bar is clamped at one end and loaded in torsion at the other end. The loaded end of the bar is constrained: Stress Analysis Report, USQ, Australia
|University||University of Southern Queensland (USQ)|
|Subject||MEC2402: Stress Analysis|
Torsion test analysis
Review the video record of the torsion test within the Assignment 2 folder: “torsion_test.mp4”. For this experiment, an aluminum solid round bar is clamped at one end and loaded in torsion at the other end. The loaded end of the bar is constrained with a roller bearing so that no vertical deflection of the bar occurs. Torque is applied through a load cell at the end of a lever arm and the angle of twist is determined from the measured linear displacement of the end of the lever arm.
- Calculate the value of J for the section
- Plot the data available from the video showing the relationship between the torque and the angle of twist. By adopting this axis arrangement, you achieve a plot that is analogous to the load-displacement diagram conventionally presenting the tension test results.
- On the plot produced for the part, also include a line representing the theoretical result from Module 4 based on the geometry and relevant material properties for the aluminum shaft.
- Discuss the comparison between the experimental results (part b) and the theoretical results (part c) and identify possible reasons for any differences you observe.
- Calculate the maximum value of shear stress which would have been acting within the circular bar when the highest load was applied.
- Design a hollow shaft made from steel that has the same length and stiffness as the aluminum shaft, but carries a maximum value of shear stress that is 2.5 times larger than that of the aluminum shaft when the highest load is applied. Specify the outer and inner diameters of this steel shaft.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Seeking online report writing help on MEC2402: Stress Analysis from Australia Assignment Help. our report writers are highly qualified to produce comprehensive reports on healthcare support assignments and nursing assignments at a cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- CHCECE022: Demonstrate your ability to plan and implement a program that promotes and encourages children’s agency: Promote Children’s Agency Assignment, ACC, Australia
- MREGC5004: You work for an asset management company and are required to prepare a proposal to win a new client: Asset management Assignment, Federation University, Australia
- BSBTWK401: This project requires you to communicate with others in order to build and maintain at least two different business relationships: Build and maintain business relationships Assignment, Australia
- SITXFIN003: You are an Operations Manager with Marino Enterprises and oversee the operations for six of the venues. John Marino has asked you to monitor and review specific budget: Manage Finances within a Budget Assignment, WSU, Australia
- As A Support Worker Identify Three People/Positions/Roles That May Be Considered: Communication Homework, UOA, Australia
- NURS2009: Case Study: I am Rose. I am 31 and diagnosed with Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis: Health Maintenance and Restorative Nursing Care Essay, SCU, Australia
- Maths assignment Questions-University of Australia
- BSBWRT301: List Five Questions That You Would Ask When Determining The Key Points For A Document: Write Simple Documents Assignment, VU, Australia
- SITHCCC007: List the Food Safety Aspects Which must be Considered During the Production of Soups Stocks: Prepare Stocks, Sauces and Soups Assignment, VU, Australia
- What Is The First Thing You Should Do When An Incident Has Been Stabilized: Communication Assignment, UWA, Australia