MBA402: You must Prepare a Sustainability Assessment Report for Tramalway Industries Referring to the Consolidated: Governance, Ethics and Sustainability Assignment, KU, Australia
|Subject||MBA402: Governance Ethics and Sustainability|
You are required to watch the following YouTube clips from the GRI Secretariat:
- The GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards: The Future of Reporting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGqE4OO0_7g&t=3s
- Introducing the GRI Standards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDe8Kkh1BrU&t=2s
You must also read the Message from the CEO of the fictional company Tramalway Industries. You must then prepare a sustainability assessment report for Tramalway Industries.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
You must prepare a sustainability assessment report for Tramalway Industries referring to the Consolidated Set of GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards 2016 that specifically addresses:
- Disclosure 201-4 Financial assistance received from the government
- Disclosure 203-1 Infrastructure Investments and services supported
- Disclosure 204-1 Proportion of spending on local suppliers
- Disclosure 301-1 Materials used by weight or volume
- Disclosure 301-2 Recycled input materials used
- Disclosure 306-3 Significant spills
- Disclosure 408-1 Operations and suppliers at significant risk for incidents of child labor
- Disclosure 412-2 Employee training on human rights policies or procedures
- Disclosure 417-3 Incidents of non-compliance concerning marketing communications
You will be required to include a minimum of 5 references in your Sustainability Assessment Report which must come from academic journals or textbooks.
A Message from the CEO
I wish to personally thank you for your professionalism and continued dedication to Tramalway Industries. Last year was certainly the most challenging year our company has faced in its proud history and I would like to take this opportunity to dispel some of the rumors circulating around some of the issues that arose.
Obviously, the most serious matter for Tramalway Industries was the media investigation into the ongoing use of child labor in Bangladeshi manufacturing facilities. The investigation revealed that one of our suppliers, Golden Goods Ltd, engaged manufacturers in Bangladesh that employ child labor to produce their products. This situation was not known to us and was a clear breach of our supply contract with Golden Goods Ltd. We, therefore, terminated our contract with Golden Goods Ltd.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
The good news is we were able to find a replacement supplier relatively quickly – a local supplier that operates within our own metropolitan area. This new local supplier means that our percentage of products and services purchased locally has risen to 75% of our total procurement budget. Plus the materials from our new supplier are both renewable and recyclable which means our total weight for non-renewable materials has decreased to 55 tonnes while our total weight for renewable materials has increased to 45 tonnes. And our total weight for recycled input materials has increased to 25 tonnes.
The second serious issue faced by Tramalway Industries this year was the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) investigation into our recent marketing communications. The investigation found that Tramalway Industries had engaged in false and misleading conduct and issued an Infringement Notice with a penalty of $12,600. Tramway Industries paid the fine and updated our marketing policies to ensure future compliance with all Australian Consumer Law provisions.
The third serious issue was a significant fuel spill at our warehouse in Chemora, Queensland. Approximately 8 kilolitres of fuel spilled from a rupture in one of the fuel tanks into the soil around its base. The spill soaked directly into the ground and we have sprayed the affected area with liquid hydrocarbon- eating bacteria to remediate the soil. It has certainly been a challenging year for us but we all must remember there have been some great wins too. The Federal Government awarded our organization with a $15 million research and development grant that we will use to continue our breakthrough research into biotechnology.
This was also the year we completed our $10 million health and welfare center project in Dolan Bay, SA. This center will provide much-needed support to families coping with a range of social issues completely free of charge. It is an extremely worthy initiative and demonstrates our clear commitment to the social well-being of those that are less fortunate in our community.
Finally, our employee training program on human rights was launched this year and has already completed 100 hours of training on aspects of human rights that are relevant to our operations. This means that 35% of our employees have been trained in human rights principles ranging from gender equality to human dignity and respect.
With your continued hard work and support I am extremely confident that Tramalway Industries can build further upon our success in the coming year.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Kind regards, Phil Tramway
Get Help By Expert
Do you want to become a professional in (MBA402) Governance, Ethics, and Sustainability assignment writing tasks of Kaplan University (KU)? Then hire online Australian assignment writers of Australia Assignment Help and score good marks and enhance your command over this subject. Place your order today and get quality MBA assignment help and accounting assignment help with our professionals.
Recent Solved Questions
- SAP102: John is a 21-year-old man. He has a History of Growing Up: Welfare Systems and Services Report, AIB, Australia
- Write a Script Explaining Research Methods in Your Disciplinary Area: History Assignment, UQ, Australia
- CPCCBC4003A: Bob Considers Using A Fixed Price/Lump Sum Contract: Select And Prepare A Construction Contract Case Study, FU, Australia
- Accounting Standards & Regulations Assignment- UTS Business School Australia
- An Initial Design Calculation Is To Be Undertaken For A Large Refrigeration Plant: Thermal Engineering Assignment, SU, Australia
- BSBSMB301: Categorize Them By The Industry Types Discussed Earlier: Investigate Micro-Business Opportunities Assignment, VU, Australia
- SITXCOM005: You Are Working As Part Of The Wait Staff At A Local Restaurant: Manage Conflict Assignment, HI, Australia
- You will Choose a Sydney/Melbourne/Perth-based Company or An Australian Organisation: Supply Chain Management Assignment, GU, Australia
- BSBADM506: Identify, and Document, the Organizational and Legislative Requirements for Information: Manage Business Document Design And Development Assignment, VU, Australia
- SITXFIN004: This Unit Takes This Process A Step Further By Teaching You: Prepare And Monitor Budgets Assignment, VU, Australia