IRHR2010 Introduction to Industrial Relations – PBL 1: Advising the Always Healthy Club
The Always Healthy Club (AHC) is a registered club doing business on the Central Coast, New South Wales. AHC advocates wellness and provides members and guests an array of services such as yoga classes, exercise equipment, a steam room, a swimming pool, a tennis court, including food and drinks. It has more than 70 employees, some of whom are full-time and part-time permanents while a few are on fixed-term contracts. But most are the casual staff.
A small number of them are members of United Voice and Australian Workers’ Union, two trade unions operating in AHC’s industry. The United Voice’s local Organiser is Sarah Masters who come to AHC regularly because of apprehensions about non-payment of penalty rates in the industry.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
The Director of AHC is Carol Heathe. Carol is quite concerned about casual staff turnover, which is much higher than the industry average. Recruitment has become particularly challenging and costly, not to mention the impact on service quality, and workplace productivity in the long run.
Carol has recently taken up her role in AHC. Though she sees herself as a reasonably experienced professional, she is laboring over how to communicate with the staff about issues affecting them. But she needs to gain a deeper understanding of the predicament and how to go about sorting it out.
Your task is to prepare advice for Carol (in the form of a report) about how to examine the causes of the staff turnover dilemma in AHC, and determine potential solutions. More specifically, she would like you to tackle the following questions:
1. How should Carol collect information and establish possible causes of her turnover problem?
2. What are two of the most likely causes of these problems?
3. Based on your research and analysis, what possible solutions could you recommend to Carol to remedy the situation?
Get Help By Expert
AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com is here offering its industrial relations assignment writings for all college or university students in Australia. We have a team of prominent masters and Ph.D. writers that take care of all your academic instructions and requirements. To receive excellent homework help in Australia at a low price.
Recent Solved Questions
- Correlation between Natural Disasters and Financial Markets Risks and Returns in South Asia: Capital Markets Assignment, OU, Australia
- FNCE40009: US Investors are Mostly Institutional Investors. How the Homogeneity of Their Trading: Advanced Derivative Securities Assignment, Melbourne University
- You will Choose a Sydney/Melbourne/Perth-based Company or An Australian Organisation: Supply Chain Management Assignment, GU, Australia
- Collect a Published Annual Report (up to year-end 31 December 2018) for Two Australian Parent Companies: Financial Accounting Assignment, SU, Australia
- You are to Select a Publicly Listed Dividend-Paying Company from the Australian Stock Exchange: Corporate Finance Research Paper, GU, Australia
- Using an Entrepreneurial Venture You Wish to Start (the New Venture can be a Stand-alone Entity: Entrepreneurship Assignment, CSU, Australia
- At Its Meeting Today, the Board Decided to Lower the Cash Rate by 25 basis: Global Economy Assignment, OU, Australia
- BX3112 SP 22 Taxation Law – University of Australia
- HI5019 Strategic Information Systems for Business and Enterprise – Case Study – Bell Studiog
- Huawei: How Can We Lead the Way?