Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Considers Food Product Development to be Consisting of 5 Ds: Food Science & Technology Assignment, AIFST, Australia
|Subject||Food Science & Technology|
General guidelines for writing food product development report
This information is relevant to the last two assessment tasks, the final report and presentation Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) considers Food Product Development to be consisting of 5 Ds, which are decided, discover, define, develop and finally deploy. These are also indirectly embedded in the stage-gate concept of the new product development process. You can format your report/presentation under the following headings.
Note that numbers in brackets are maximum marks allocated. You must, therefore, prepare the report accordingly.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Introduction: this section will include basically the first 2 Ds. You will describe and define the need for new product development based on a market analysis of the need.
Development process: this section will include the next 2 Ds. You will be describing here the initial formulation, costing, prototype development, modification of formulation based on problems encountered, packaging and shelf-life requirements, quality testing, labeling, and other requirements and validation, costing. This section will form the major bulk of your report. At the end of this process, you would have trailed and improved on your final formulation before the market launch. Of course, you will discuss each trial and how you arrived at the final product formulation. You will also answer the question of whether your product conforms to the guidelines prescribed by local authorities.
Market plan: this section will include the last D and should include the targeted market for product launch, the price, the profits, and promotions that you would like to propose.
Conclusion: The report should be approximately 2000 words (1.5-spaced, 12 font size, times roman). References and appendix will not be counted in the word limit. You can use the Harvard style for writing and citing references.
Get Help By Expert
The proficient assignment writers at AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com present the best university assignment help services for the learners. We have a skilled team of masters or Ph.D. degree writers that work hard for the students of Food Science & Technology. Take our essay writing help Australia services and achieve academic excellence.
Recent Solved Questions
- SITHCCC007: Select 1 example of the soups you have listed in Question 9and write and adjust the ingredients: Prepare stocks sauces and soups Assignment, VU, Australia
- HLTAMB008: Provided Written Evidence Supporting An Understanding Of Pharmacological Definitions: Assess And Deliver Basic Clinical Care Course Work, VU, Australia
- Malaria Is A Disease That Is Highly Prevalent Throughout Much Of The Developing World: Statistics Assignment, UQ, Australia
- FNS40217: Throughout Your Training We Are Committed To Your Learning: Certificate IV In Accounting And Bookkeeping Assignment, RMIT, Australia
- MIS171: The Deakin Melbourne Boomers Have Been A Part Of The Women’s National Basketball League: Business Analytics, SU, Australia
- Managing Financial Resources and Decisions (MRFD Assignments UK)
- Describe How Cigarette Smoke Influences The Type And Number Of Mutations Present: Cellular Biology Assignment, DU, Australia
- SITXWHS003: Prior to commencing the assessments, your trainer/assessor will explain each assessment task and the terms and conditions relating to the submission of your assessment task: Commercial Cookery Assignment, VU, Australia
- CPCCBC4004A: To complete this task, you are required to submit a price for the contractual obligations of Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s construction project: Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects Assessment, VU, Australia
- SITXMGT001: Explain The Purpose Of A Work Schedule And Why It Is Important: Monitor Work Operations Assignment, VU, Australia