Implementation Of The SFSF Program Is Broadly Similar Across Most Sites: Health Assignment, VU, Australia
|University||Victoria University [VU]|
Implementation of the SFSF programme is broadly similar across most sites. Most organisations reported delivering an effective programme that engaged the community and delivered outcomes to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men and communities. A few organisations reported difficulties in implementing the programme, mainly because they could not recruit staff and/or participants. Implementation of SFSF in one site was hampered by systemic organisation-wide issues.
SFSF organisations had similar aims, which involved using education initiatives, health services/health promotion, social and cultural opportunities and community events to highlight the important role of men in the lives of children. Specifically, organisations were seeking to empower Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander men to adopt healthy lifestyles, be an important role model and play an active role in the physical, social and cultural development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children.
Most organisations were implementing a range of activities and events as part of the SFSF programme. The types of events and activities provided include:
1. Education courses/workshops on topics such as parenting, early childhood development, alcohol and drugs, violence and family relationships
2. Health services and checks which were followed up where appropriate with referrals to other services
3. Health promotion through activities such as cooking classes, gym sessions and gardening
4. Men’s groups and yarning sessions
5. Cultural camps which incorporated traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and promotion of health messages
6. Community-wide events such as barbeques and community fun days.
In addition to group events, many SFSF Coordinators had adopted a case management role that involved providing one-on-one support to men to assist them to overcome a range of issues so they could participate in and benefit from the programme.
Get Help By Expert
Our expert Australian assignment writers cover each and every topic in health assignments that is provided to the students. Our team of assignment experts possesses a comprehensive understanding of Health Care therefore they will write superior quality assignments for students at a very cheap price.
Recent Solved Questions
- William (Bill) Unwin And His Wife Christine Have Come To Seek Your Advice: Retirement And Succession Planning Case Study, CU, Australia
- 2014CCJ / CCJ214: The Effect of Victimization on People other Than the Primary Victim Include Information Related to the Fear of Crime : Victimology Assignment, Griffith University, Australia
- IRHR2010 Introduction to Industrial Relations – PBL 1: Advising the Always Healthy Club
- BSBCMM501: Alan Is A Solicitor Who Works In The Legal Department Of An Insurance Company: Develop And Nurture Relationships Assignment, VU, Australia
- MMM267: With the Outbreak of COVID-19, the World is Experiencing a Severe Shortage: Business Logistics Assignment, DU, Australia
- BSBFIM501: Metharom Has Been Hired To Build A Single-Story Home: Manage Budgets And Financial Plans Assignment, VU, Australia
- You Will Then Write A Review Of One Of The Films: Decilitre Research Paper, ANU, Australia
- MTCS5037: Classify The Architectures Of Local Area Networks (LAN) And Wide Area Networks (WAN): Data Networking Assignment, DU, Australia
- HLTAAP001: reate a poster that details the location, structure, and function of the following major body systems: Recognise Healthy Body Systems Assignment, VU
- An Initial Design Calculation Is To Be Undertaken For A Large Refrigeration Plant: Thermal Engineering Assignment, SU, Australia