From Its Origins In A Palo Alto Garage To Its Current Position: Public Relations Theory And Practice Report, USA, Australia
|Subject||Public Relations Theory And Practice|
MEDIA COVERAGE IMPLICATIONS
From its origins in a Palo Alto garage to its current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown and evolved significantly since its founding in 1939 (Hewlett-Packard, 2010). In 2005 Hewlett-Packard (HP) was named the “Most Trusted Company for Privacy in the United States” (Hewlett-Packard, 2005) by leading internet service provider TRUSTe and also by the independent researcher on privacy, data protection, and information security, Ponemon Institute. This award provided greater trust, reliability, and positive recognition by all HP publics on a worldwide scale as a dominating IT company.
Public instability for HP commenced in February 2005, whereby CEO Carly Fiorina was overthrown by the board of directors due to “HP’s erratic financial results and the pricey Compaq merger, which did not produce the results she promised” (Anonymous, 2010). This is the same year Mr. Hurd commenced as Hewlett-Packard’s new CEO (Hewlett-Packard, 2005).
With growing company success, the outlook over HP’s control of issues and crisis management has been questionable with salient publics, including concerned stakeholders (Kite, 2010). The internal affairs with HP had initiated in September 2006, when Chairwoman Patricia Dunn was “under fire for ordering an investigation into board leaks to the media” (Ace, 2010). This crisis was identified by gatekeepers as the ‘Hewlett-Packard Pre-Texting Scandal.’ Furthermore, the company’s image was further degraded with such criticism, including “Fiorina and the HP board were both ineffective and unethical … for a company long known for its excellent reputation, the pre-texting scandal marked a new ethical low.” In response to the degrading company reputation, Mr. Hurd apologized for what had happened, “pointing out that the board had lost sign of the company values” (Brown, 2010).
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
After rebuilding Hewlett-Packard’s reputation, CEO Mark Hurd had successfully implemented stringent ethical policies within the company’s compliance (Rhymes, 2010). This code of ethics was yet again disrupted on August 6th, 2010, whereby Mr. Hurd resigns from his position, “after HP accused him of filing false expense reports to hide a relationship with a female marketing contractor” (Gittins, 2010). In response to this issue, HP appoints Chief Officer Cathie Lesjak as interim CEO.
With recent tension within the media, HP’s reputation is once again placed into limbo on September 8th, 2010 as the former HP CEO Mark Hurd is named a Co-President of HP’s rival business software giant ‘Oracle.’ HP initiates a civil complaint in California Superior Court in fear that “Hurd would be putting the company’s most valuable trade secrets and confidential information in peril by working at Oracle” (Smith, 2010). It is this ‘secret’ disclosure that the media is criticizing HP’s unstable response in regards to handling this specific crisis management. Such outrage over HP’s litigation against rival Oracle includes, “despite the openness, HP still will not reveal key information about the case” (Jones, 2010).
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
If you are looking for public Relations Theory And Practice report writing help in Australia then Australia assignment help experts provide you best writing help. We also provide dissertation writing help, essay writing help at a premium cost. We offer cheap assignment help with 24*7 assistance & 100% plagiarism-free work.
Recent Solved Questions
- Briefly Explain The Role Of The Therapist In Each Of The Three Stages: Psychotherapist Techniques Course Work, QU, Australia
- Critically Apply Relevant Legal And Ethical Principles To Future Health Care: Professional Transition Essay, USA, Australia
- Economics Assessment Questions – University of Australia
- BAA752: Prepare a report, explaining the value proposition of a Collaborative Partnership that the Project Would require Between Your Organisation: Foundations of Integrated Care Report,
- SITHCCC005: Fully Equipped Commercial Kitchen Ingredients Workflow And Recipe Card Templates: Prepare Dishes Using Basic Methods Of Cookery Assignment, HI, Australia
- OMAS110: Show by Calculating the Product AC that C is the Inverse Matrix of A: Fundamentals of Mathematics Assignment, OU, Australia
- CHCCOM005: Demonstrated Effective Communication Skills In 3 Different Work Situations: Communicate And Work In Health Or Community Services Assignment, SBT, Australia
- HI5019 Strategic Information Systems for Business and Enterprise – Case Study – Bell Studiog
- MMM241: Develop a Business Plan for a Business of Your Choice that You would like to Start in the Future: Entrepreneurship and Innovation Assignment, DU, Australia
- MGMTP102: Biographical Details About The Leader And Evidence Of Their Effect On The Success: Management Principles Essay, FU, Australia