Describe The Importance Of Preventive Maintenance: Cyber Security Devices And Network Maintenance Assignment, USA, Australia
|Subject||Cyber Security Devices And Network Maintenance|
Task 1: Preventive Maintenance & Troubleshooting Procedures
All PCs and Laptops must always be maintained. The JTS Manager wants to understand the importance of preventive maintenance and the process and procedures used.
1. In your own words, complete the following.
A) Describe the importance of preventive maintenance
Preventative maintenance is important for the ongoing performance of any IT device. Preventative maintenance improves device longevity, reliability, cost, and downtime. This applies to both hardware and software. For instance, a clean, thermally regulated PC runs at a better speed than a poorly maintained one. Likewise scanning the software of a PC for malware maintains speed and performance.
B) List and describe 5 hardware preventive maintenance procedures for a PC
1. Cleaning and dust removal
2. Appropriate ventilation
3. Temperature control
4. Humidity control
5. Regular internal component inspection and update
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
C) List and describe the six steps or processes that can be used for Troubleshooting OS
1. Identify the problem
2. Establish a theory of probable cause
3. Test the theory to determine the cause
4. Establish a plan of action to resolves the cause
5. Verify full system functionality and if applicable, implement preventative measures
6. Document findings,, actions and outcomes
D) List and describe Three preventive maintenance techniques for software
1. Data backup
2. Regular software update
3. Third-party security software
E) List and describe Five methods for Troubleshooting network
1. Command-line tools
2. Network troubleshooting applications like packet sniffer
3. Port scanner
4. Protocol analyzer
5. Wi-Fi Analyzer
F) Hardware tools like TDR or cable testers
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Task 2: Hardware and Software Preventive Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Note: You can use any classroom PC or a home PC to simulate the scenario for Admin1_PC. It must have Windows OS installed as a minimum.
Using the procedures created in Task 1, you are now required to demonstrate the following on Admin1_PC:
1. A user has reported that some files on Admin1_PC have been corrupted.
a) Use the check disk utility to check for errors on the SSD manually. Provide a screen capture of the successful error check.
b) Scan the drive for viruses and spyware. Provide a screen capture of the successful scan.
2. After the above problem investigation, you have decided to replace the SSD. You are now trying to restore the files to the new SSD. However, the PC does not recognize the new drive installed.
Note: You do not need to physically install an SSD
a) Identify and create a list of ALL the possible causes of the problem.
b) For each probable cause, list the solution.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
The Australian assignment experts present the best assignment writing on Cyber Security Devices And Network Maintenance for the students and assist them to resolve all their worries. Our UniSA assignment experts are from different backgrounds and offer great support such as English homework help, nursing thesis writings, computer science assignment help, etc.
Recent Solved Questions
- You are a Recent Accounting Graduate and have been Employed by the Australian Securities: Accounting Standards and Regulations (ASR) Assignment, UTS, Australia
- Comment on the strategies employed by the therapist in this video to establish and maintain therapeutic rapport: Developing Skills in Contemporary Psychotherapies Report, SCU, Australia
- BSBFIA302: If you are experiencing difficulties with recording or processing a transaction, what steps would you take to access help using MYOB help: Process payroll Assignment, VU, Australia
- FNSACC505: An Organization Is Considering The Development Of An Accounting Information System: Establish And Maintain Accounting Information Systems Assignment, SU, Australia
- MBA631: You are Required to Select an Australian Small to Medium Size Business and Conduct a Digital Marketing Audit: Digital Marketing and Communication Assignment, KU, Australia
- EDMT6633: Use the interview data in combination with relevant research to write up a detailed case study on the family: Family Community and Contexts Assignment, UOS, Australia
- The study of visible sound vibration, called cymatics, explores, examines, and explains how sound and matter: Diploma of Holistic Integrated Creative Arts Therapy course work, Australia
- CHCCOM005: You are working with a client who mobiles with supervision You notice that there is a 4-wheeled walker in his room: Communicate And Work In Health Or Community Services coursework, QU, Australia
- The Theme You Have Chosen For Your Two Biological Entities: Computer Science Assignment, SU, Australia
- Identify Three Common Internal Stressors that Create a Need for Change: Innovation and Change Assignment, VU