CPCCBC4010B: Develop a Plan to Demolish the Existing Dwelling Shown on the Site Plan: Apply Structural Principles to Residential Low Rise Constructions Assignment, VU, Australia
|University||Victoria University [VU]|
|Subject||CPCCBC4010B: Apply Structural Principles to Residential Low Rise Constructions|
- This assessment contains a number of tasks requiring you to prepare sketches of relevant construction details. The sketches are to be prepared to a standard acceptable to allow communication of detail as would occur on a construction site. Many details are communicated in this manner and everyone involved with building sites should be skilled in the preparation of sketches.
- Sketches are freehand drawings. Linework and proportion are important considerations that must be satisfied in the assessment. Select a scale/size appropriate to the detail.
- It is not expected everyone will have these skills at the commencement of this assessment. This first assessment may be presented with a mix of freehand sketches and ruled drawings. All should be completed in pencil on A4 size paper. Refer to the project documentation before commencing the drawings to clearly identify and comply with the documents. This question may require you to carry out research on the topics to broaden your knowledge before attempting the answers.
- Submissions, which are assessed to be not of an acceptable standard, will be returned with a request to resubmit the assessment.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
(refer to Project 3)
Develop a plan to demolish the existing dwelling shown on the site plan in accordance with the legislative and planning requirements and at all times utilizing safe work practices. The dwelling will have been constructed from some building materials containing bonded asbestos.
In your plan, list the relevant Acts, Australian Standards, and Codes with which the processes will need to comply.
Note: This is not a sketch, but a set of steps outlining your approach. You might include a sketch to indicate specific requirements of the demolition process.
(refer to Project 3)
From the project documentation, illustrate the loads the building will be subjected to during its life. Prepare a simple sketch of a section passing through the center of the building, showing the structural elements of the building and the loads applied.
Draw arrows on the section to show the direction the load-path will take to transfer the loads to the foundation of the building. Your illustration(s) should deal with wind loads as well as dead and live loads.
(refer to Project 1)
Research and list the Building Code of Australia requirements for the dwelling if it was to be built within the following zones:
- Bushfire (medium risk)
- High wind
- Alpine area (NSW)
(refer to Project 1)
- A site inspection is necessary prior to tender or commencing construction on a project to assess the natural and developed features of the site which will contribute to the cost and/or planning of the construction. Consider the site of the dwelling is vacant and you are intending to tender on the construction of the building. Create a checklist for a preliminary site inspection of the site which could be used on future projects. The checklist should be word-processed and incorporate tables where suitable.
- Provide a sketch of the site clearly showing salient features such as:
- rock features
- existing services
- improvements such as fences and existing buildings
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
(refer to Project 1)
Prepare a list and description of all the relevant services required or likely to be installed in and around the building and note any special provisions needed. For each service, list the Australian Standard or Code with which the service must comply.
(refer to Project 1)
Prepare a checklist to ensure the quality of each of the following systems to the building:
- Timber floor
- Concrete Floor
- Timber frame walls
- Masonry walls
- Truss roof
- Framed Roof
This assessment contains a number of tasks requiring you to prepare sketches of relevant construction details from the cottage outlined in the documentation for Project 1. The sketches are to be prepared to a standard acceptable to allow communication of detail as would occur on a construction site. Many details are communicated in this manner and everyone involved with building sites should be skilled in the preparation of sketches.
Sketches are freehand drawings. Linework and proportion are important considerations that must be satisfied in the assessment. Select a scale/size appropriate to the detail.
It is not expected everyone will have these skills at the commencement of this assessment. This first assessment may be presented with a mix of freehand sketches and ruled drawings. All should be completed in pencil on A4 size paper. Refer to the project documentation before commencing the drawings to clearly identify and comply with the documents. This question may require you to carry out research on the topics to broaden your knowledge before attempting the answers.
Submissions that are assessed to be not of an acceptable standard will be returned with a request to resubmit the assessment.
The reinforced concrete ‘slab on ground’ flooring system for the 2 story dwelling detailed in the plans is to be constructed utilizing expanded polystyrene void formers. The site will be excavated to provide a level ‘bench’ incorporating cut and fill. Piers will be required to support the slab on an even foundation.
- Prepare a sketch of the plan view of the slab indicating the possible location of the piers. You can assume the piers are 300mm in diameter.(Hint: position piers at all corners/beams intersections, then place between these at maximum 1800 centers)
- Provide a section in parts (‘break’ the sketch to show relevant parts of the slab) through the slab from front to back and through the garage, detailing the use of the void formers and the reinforcement. Indicate the foundation and any change in floor level.
- Prepare a typical section through the edge beam of the slab. Clearly show the external wall detail to 300mm above the slab.
All the sketches are to be fully labeled and notated. Relevant dimensions should be provided. In general, an A4 page will be appropriate for each sketch. Provide a border and a title to each of your drawings.
Prepare a sketch of the joint between the external wall frames and the first-floor joists. Fully label the sketch and provide dimensions and member sizes. Clearly show the fit-out of the building on this sketch including:
- Ceiling and wall linings
- Full external wall detail
- Skirting boards etc
Prepare a sketch detailing the head flashing over a window in the external wall. Clearly label all components and provide sizes of elements where appropriate.
Sketch a full detail of the waterproofing to the shower in the ensuite. A full detail will show all parts of the waterproofing, including the wall, floor, floor waste, and hob. Include two options for the construction of the shower base:
- Detail a hob constructed with a brick on edge clearly locating the position of the shower screen on the hob.
- No hob with the floor level continuous from the bathroom into the shower.
Also, provide a sketch detailing the waterproofing at the doorway to prevent moisture from escaping to adjoining rooms.
Alternative details for the construction of the cottage
The foundation on the site of Project 1, following a geotechnical report, is found to be moderately reactive clay.
The clay extends from below the topsoil on the site to a depth of approximately 750mm. By providing a sketch, propose an alternative footing system for the construction of the cottage. Fully detail the footing specifying concrete and reinforcement. Provide all relevant dimensions.
Should the clay, after excavation commences, prove to be at a greater depth, say an average of 1500mm below the cleared site, propose another footing system, and fully sketch the detail.
Provide a full detail of two floor systems necessary for the following footing systems:
Floor system 1 – a platform floor incorporating bearers and joists with particleboard flooring and including a suitable insulation system.
Floor system 2 – a concrete floor system to replicate the qualities of the slab on the ground and suitable for the new footing systems. Australian Standard 2870 – Residential Slabs and Footings may be useful if you need to research this detail.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Sketch a section through the roof of the cottage with conventional timber framing in lieu of prefabricated trusses. Fully notate the sketch with details and dimensions of the materials proposed. (You need not design member sizes, but you should provide ‘indicative’ sizes for each of the roof framing members.) Your detail will need to include a number of sketches with a plan view (showing the roofing member layout) and one section as a minimum.
Get Help By Expert
Our Melbourne assignment writers offer matchless quality assignment help that enhances the overall academic performance of Australian students. In order to escape from the heavy workload of (CPCCBC4010B) Apply Structural Principles to Residential Low Rise Constructions assignments, Victoria University (VU) students turn to our services & gain full advantage.
Recent Solved Questions
- Economics Assessment Questions – University of Australia
- OMAS110: Show by Calculating the Product AC that C is the Inverse Matrix of A: Fundamentals of Mathematics Assignment, OU, Australia
- Accounting Standards & Regulations Assignment- UTS Business School Australia
- BSBCUS301: The observation checklist is used by your workplace supervisor to observe you demonstrating the application of the required skills: Practical Observation Assignment, TAFE, Australia
- CHCDIS003: Rhys doesn’t attend school, and ever since their mother died, Kate also hasn’t been attending school. His Aunt has been trying to educate them at home, but she cannot read or write very well: Support community participation and social inclusion Assessment, VU, Australia
- Calculate The Amount Or Volume Of HFA-134: Advance Medicine Formulation Assignment, ANU, Australia
- PSPGEN053: Sarah has been working for the Wildspace Digital Design company for four years She has demonstrated a continuous commitment to professional: Provide leadership Case Study, NCI, Australia
- Community Engagement Assessment Australia
- William (Bill) Unwin And His Wife Christine Have Come To Seek Your Advice: Retirement And Succession Planning Case Study, CU, Australia
- FNS40217: The process we follow is known as competency-based assessment This means that evidence of your current skills: Accounting Assignment, UOS, Australia