CPCCBC4004A: To complete this task, you are required to submit a price for the contractual obligations of Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s construction project: Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects Assessment, VU, Australia
|University||Victoria University [VU]|
|Subject||CPCCBC4004A: Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
Specific task instructions
To complete this task, you are required to submit a price for the contractual obligations of Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s construction project.
You will be required to make calculations based on the tasks listed below.
You will refer to the documents downloaded from the OLS:
Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Part 1: Practical Tasks
To support the role of the builder in being able to produce construction industry documentation, students have access to a professional intranet that provides a simulated building company, RB Holdings. RB Holdings functions as a simulated workplace environment where project-based assessments can be undertaken using industry-standard documentation, plans, activities, responsibilities, and procedures. The RB Holdings business structure allows simulation of work environments such as, but not limited to, design offices, site offices, and construction sites. RB Holdings provides students with relevant documentation that is to an industry standard that allows students to experience a professional simulation of a construction office environment. RB Holdings is a simulated organization that has been created purely for educational purposes. RB Holdings materials are accessed via a secure website that is copyright of © TAFE NSW.
RB Holdings has an organizational policy that requires you, as one of its staff members, to produce material and labor estimates no later than 5 working days from receiving the request from your manager. The information calculated must be to the quality standards required by RB Holdings, that is, accurate quantity take-off and calculations in accordance with the “Standard Method of Measurements”. Calculations, costings, and communications must be created in accordance with standard RB Holdings policies and procedures.
You will need to calculate the following costs based on the information provided in this assessment event.
You are to demonstrate your competence in task management skills by developing your own spreadsheet from a costing software program of your choice to calculate the materials and labor requirements
To establish your task management skills, YOU MAY NOT use any pre-prepared spreadsheets previously provided.
The costing software program method you choose to use will need to allow you clearly provide the following items:
- Areas to clearly show calculation workings for each trade
- Description of the items being calculated
- Logical ordering of trade costs with subtotals and total
- A final price tally that enables the inclusion of overheads, margins, and GST.
Some costs have been provided due to the nature of the question being asked.
Mr. and Mrs. Brown have recently met with a Building Design consultant to initiate the design and costing stage for alteration and addition to their existing house at 1 Lake Road Toronto NSW.
You are employed by RB Holdings who have been engaged by their clients, Mr. and Mrs. Brown, to provide preliminary estimations of products identified by the designer, as a lead-up to finalizing their project budget.
Development approval is pending from Lake Macquarie City Council, and a set of working plans and specifications has been drafted for the client. These will need further amendments depending on the development approval requirements, and the outcomes of your work in this assessment.
You will be analyzing Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf (CPCCBC4004A_AE_Sk_2of4_SR2) to identify the items defined in the assessment tasks for the following trade areas:
- Joists for first-floor addition
- External Wall cladding for first-floor addition
- Floor Covering for the first-floor addition
- Internal Lining for the first-floor addition
- Painting the first-floor addition.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Task 1: Joists for first-floor addition
Task 1.1 – Calculate quantities of floor joists for first-floor additions
Considering Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf (CPCCBC4004A_AE_Sk_2of4_SR2), you are required to calculate the quantities required for the floor joists for the first-floor additions. The quantities are to be expressed in an accepted industry format.
Using the following price guide calculate the total cost of the timber:
- HJ300 ‘HyJoist’ at $25.00 per metre.
You are required to conduct research and access the ‘Fair Work Building and Construction General on Site Award’ and calculate the cost of two Level 3 Carpenters on-site for 8 hrs.
Task 1 – Student Checklist
1. Presented detailed calculations showing the working out in a clear and ordered format.
2. Described the items being costed.
3. Correctly calculated the quantities required for the floor joists for the first-floor additions.
4. Expressed the quantities in an accepted industry format.
5. Correctly calculated the total cost of the timber floor joists using the price guide of HJ300 ‘HyJoist’ at $25.00 per meter.
6. Conducted research and accessed the ‘Fair Work Building and Construction General on Site Award’ and calculated the cost of two Level 3 Carpenters on-site for 8 hrs.
Task 2: External Wall cladding for first-floor addition
Task 2.1 – Calculate quantities of external wall cladding
Using Mr and Mrs. Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf(CPCCBC4004A_AE_Sk_2of4_SR2), you are required to calculate the quantities required for the specified external weatherboards the first-floor addition. The quantities are to be expressed in an accepted industry format.
You are required to research and source a suitable ’Scyon’ cladding product size and price from a reputable building supplier. You are required to calculate and apply the price to find the correct number of boards.
Task 3: Floor covering for the first-floor addition
Task 3.1 – Calculate floor covering quantities
Using the Mr. and Mrs. Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf(CPCCBC4004A_AE_Sk_2of4_SR2), you are required to calculate the quantities required for the carpet floor coverings for the first-floor addition, and the games room with the following specifications:
- First Floor carpet – allow 5% waste
- Games Room flooring – allow 2.5% waste.
Task 3.2 – Calculate floor covering costs
Using the following price guide, you are required to calculate the total cost of floor coverings:
- High Quality Nylon/wool blend @ $115.00 per m2
- Laminate floating floor @ $58.00 per m2.
You are required to calculate the labor time on site for the carpet and timber floor layers based on the advice from the suppliers.
- 2 x carpet layers able to lay 3m2 per hour. This includes time to transport, placement, and clean-up
- 3 x timber floor layers (maybe the carpet layers doing this job) able to lay 4.5m2 per hour. This includes time to transport, placement, and clean-up.
Task 4: Internal Lining for the first-floor addition
Task 4.1 – Calculate quantities for internal wall and ceiling linings
Using the Mr. and Mrs Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf(CPCCBC4004A_AE_Sk_2of4_SR2), you are required to calculate the quantities required for the internal wall and ceiling linings for the first-floor addition, with the following specifications:
- Wall linings 10mm standard Plasterboard
- Ceiling linings 10mm Ceiling specific plasterboard
Use the surrounding standard room wall height at the stair void, and do not calculate the stair void below the floor level.
You are to source a suitable product type and price from a reputable supplier and apply square meter price to the calculated quantities for each product.
You have made inquiries and have been advised by the plastering contractors that they require the following consumables:
- 16Kg of Base Coat product per 100m2 of plaster lining
- 10Kg of Topcoat per 100m2 of plaster lining.
- 5 Rolls of paper tape for the job.
You are required to calculate the quantities and source prices from a reputable supplier for the consumable items listed above, for a total consumable price.
You are required to provide details of your supplier sources.
Task 5: Painting the first-floor addition
Task 5.1 – Calculate quantities of paint.
Using the Mr. and Mrs Brown’s Alterations and Additions – V4004-619.pdf(CPCCBC4004A_AE_Sk_2of4_SR2), you should calculate the quantities of paint required for the internal walls and ceilings for the first-floor addition, with the following specifications:
- 1 x Sealer coat in m2
- 2 x Topcoats in m2
- Assume a single color for the topcoat
- Do not calculate quantities for skirtings or architraves
- Do not calculate the ensuite bathroom.
You are required to research the square meter coverage of paint per liter, to convert the calculated square meters into the required number of 10-liter cans and 4-liter cans.
You are to source a suitable paint brand and price from a reputable supplier and apply the price to the calculated quantities.
You are required to provide details of your supplier sources
Task 6: Plant and Equipment requirements
Task 6.1 – Calculate temporary fencing
You are required to research the Work Health Safety requirements to find information about how to restrict access to a construction site in accordance with Local Authority Approval requirements and statutory WHS Legislation.
Using the information derived from Task 6.1 above, you are required to identify the plant and equipment that is required to safeguard the site.
You are to obtain base rate (not negotiated) prices from a reputable hire company based on a per week hire rate for the identified plant and equipment in the previous Task 6.2 above.
You are required to provide details of your supplier sources.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
If you also struggle to complete your CPCCBC4004A: Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects assignment within the time frame? then hire Austalia assessment helpers quickly. our experts always maintain the assignment writing standards. our writers have comprehensive skills in writing the Cert Iv Building And Construction Answers accurately at a most reasonable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- The management of high-risk and high-profile people as a case manager can result in a person experiencing greater levels of stress: Case Management Essay, UOS, Australia
- What styles of leadership do you recognize and how? Is it innovative/creative and in what ways is it effective: Management Assignment, KPU, Australia
- Jake Santiago (Jake) And Amy Peralta (Amy) Conduct A Business As Financial Planners: Equity & Law Assignment, BU, Australia
- You Are An External Consultant Hired To Conduct Research Into: Manage Human Resources Strategic Planning Report, VU, Australia
- BSBITU312: In Preparation For Creating Any Work, It Is Important To Set Up Your Workspace: Create Electronic Presentations Assignment, VU, Australia
- ACCG871: What exemptions are available that would allow a lessee not to capitalise on lease assets and lease liabilities: Advanced Corporate Accounting Course Work, MU, Australia
- CPCCBC5018A: You are to Organise and Oversee the Demolition of the existing Building The Demolition will be Carried out With a Small Team of Carpenters Using the Controlled Deconstruction Method: Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings Assignment, VU, Australia
- BSBLDR523: What Are The Importance Of The Team Purpose And Team Charter: Lead And Manage Effective Workplace Relationship Assignment, VU, Australia
- NRSG635: Mr Peter Fox is a 55-year-old Gentleman Who is Admitted to the Neurosciences Ward from the Emergency Department (ED): Extended Clinical Nursing Case Study, ACU, Australia
- MGTS1301: Planning And Controlling The Rapid Development Of A COVID-19 Vaccine Including Running Clinical Trials: Introduction To Management Assignment, UQ, Australia