CPC5002100LSP: We Are Pleased To Provide A Report On Our Investigations: Site Investigation Report, UQ, Australia
|University||University Of Queensland (UQ)|
|Subject||CPC5002100LSP: Site Investigation|
We are pleased to provide a report on our investigations undertaken at the above site to determine the ground conditions so that recommendations could be made on suitable foundation types and design parameters for the proposed Commercial development.
This report outlines footing recommendations to satisfy AS3600 in accordance with the National Construction Code Series Volumes One and Two – Building Code of Australia.
6 Boreholes were drilled at Lot. The Engineering Logs are attached as part of this report. The location of the boreholes placed is described on the Borehole Location Plan provided.
3. WIND SPEED ANALYSIS
During our investigation, an assessment of this site and the surrounding terrain was carried out to determine the Wind Classification Design Speed. Based on calculations using the Pro-forma Design Sheet, DC1.2 as a guide, the Wind Classification Design Speed for this site has been determined as 33m/s (N2).
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
4. BUSHFIRE ATTACK LEVEL
This property is not in a designated Bushfire Prone area.
5. SITE GEOLOGY
The site is located in an area of sedimentary clay.
6. SOIL CONDITIONS
The soil profile and condition in each borehole is described on the Engineering Logs attached.
7. SITE CLASSIFICATION
The site is classified as CLASS H in accordance with NCC General Definitions due to existing filling on this site. A characteristic surface movement (ys) in the range of 60mm to 75mm has been estimated for this site.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
8. FOOTING RECOMMENDATIONS
8.1 Timber Floor System
There are no recommendations for a strip and/or pad footing system at this site.
8.2 Concrete Slab Floor System
Strip Footing, pad footing, and slab on ground. The use of a rigid Slab founded directly onto the compacted fill is not recommended.
This recommendation assumes that the depth of any new leveling fill will be less than 500mm and be compacted in accordance with the requirements of AS3600 The footings and slab should have a minimum of Class H2 general dimensions. In addition to the minimum requirements for a Class H2 waffle raft, additional edge beam reinforcement will be required to the top of all beams, and depending on the final loading of the proposed structure widening of the slab beams may also be required. The slab and footings should be designed to withstand long-term differential settlement of the filling equivalent to a hypothetical loss of support of 1.5m in diameter occurring anywhere under the footing.
Once the site has been scrapped and all vegetation, organic topsoil, roots, and loose surface fill have been removed, an allowable bearing capacity of 80kPa will exist at the surface.
Where pipes connect to the slab, flexible joints are to be incorporated to accommodate a total range of differential movement of 75mm in any direction. Allowance should also be made for differential movement by sleeving or taping pipes with foam to allow 40mm radial clearance.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Are you unable to choose the best company for your (CPC5002100LSP) Site Investigation report writing? Australia Assignment Help is one of the well-known assignment writing organizations, providing students with quality University of Queensland assignment help at a very affordable price.
Recent Solved Questions
- ACF2100: Chips Ltd Sold Inventory To Fish Ltd On 1 October 2017 For $35,000: Financial Accounting Coursework, DU, Australia
- SITHFAB002: The Sale And Supply Of Alcohol Is Permitted In Or From Licensed Premises: Provide Responsible Service Of Alcohol Assignment, VU, Australia
- CPCCBC4001A: You Must Carry Out An Analysis Of The Project Plans: Apply Building Codes And Standards To The Construction Assignment, UC, Australia
- ONLINE TAKE-HOME EXAM – Australia and the World – 100958 – Spring 2018
- BSBSMM201: Give 3 Examples Of Workplace Documents You May Use To Gather Information About The Business: Communication In The Workplace Assignment, UA, Australia
- BSBWOR501: Assess Your Personal Knowledge And Skills Against Competency Standards: Manage Personal Work Priorities And Professional Development Assignment, VU, Australia
- BSBWRT301: List Five Questions That You Would Ask When Determining The Key Points For A Document: Write Simple Documents Assignment, VU, Australia
- The National Strategic Framework for Chronic Conditions Essay
- You will Choose a Sydney/Melbourne/Perth-based Company or An Australian Organisation: Supply Chain Management Assignment, GU, Australia
- BSBCMM501: Alan Is A Solicitor Who Works In The Legal Department Of An Insurance Company: Develop And Nurture Relationships Assignment, VU, Australia