Concrete Is A Versatile Material With Many Uses: Construction Methods Assignment, USA, Australia
Concrete is a versatile material with many uses. Good concrete, which achieves its specified properties depend first of all on the careful selection and proportioning of its constituent materials, and on effective methods for handling, placing, compacting, finishing, and curing.
In its basic form, it is a mixture of cement, water, fine and coarse aggregates, which is plastic (can be worked and molded) when first mixed, and hardens to a solid mass. The properties of concrete, in its plastic and hardened states, are affected by the physical characteristics, the chemical composition, and the proportions of the ingredients in the mixture.
In its hardened state concrete must be strong enough to carry the loads imposed on it, and durable enough to resist wear, weather, and chemical attack. In its plastic state, it must suit the methods of handling, placing, compacting, and finishing.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
The cement paste (cement and water) in the mixture lubricates the aggregates and allows them to move freely while the concrete is placed and compacted. Generally, the more cement paste in the mixture, the more workable the concrete. It is important that concrete delivered to the site is sufficiently workable for it to be placed and compacted by the means available. If it is not properly placed and compacted, concrete will not achieve its potential strength and durability.
Cladding is typically made from wood, metal, plastic (vinyl), masonry, or an increasing range of composite materials. It can be attached directly to the frame or to an intermediate layer of battens or spacers to prevent condensation and allow water vapor to escape.
Cladding systems include horizontal or vertical boards, sheet materials, or smaller overlapping panels such as shingles and tiles. Each system uses different methods to ness varies depending on wind direction and speed and the degree of exposure to rain.
What are some of the new obligations for people digging?
It is compulsory to notify Dial Before You Dig of the time and place of work no more than thirty days before the work starts. You can start work as soon as you have received the plans and satisfied any other requirements set by the network operator.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Our University of South Australia assignment writers offer matchless quality assignment help that enhances the overall academic performance of Australian students. In order to escape from the heavy workload of Construction Methods assignments, USA students turn to our services & gain full advantage.
Recent Solved Questions
- Assignment One Requires That You Continue The Process Of Narrowing: Educational Leadership Dissertation Proposal, DU, Australia
- CSE1SPX: Discuss The Important Social And Environmental Issues: Sustainability Practices Assignment, DU, Australia
- CHCECE022: Demonstrate your ability to plan and implement a program that promotes and encourages children’s agency: Promote Children’s Agency Assignment, ACC, Australia
- SITXFIN003: You are the Assistant Manager of TIV Restaurant have been Set a Food Budget: Manage Finances Within a Budget Assignment, VU, Australia
- SITXMGT002: The Purpose Of This Assessment Is To Assess Your Ability To Complete Tasks: Establish And Conduct Business Relationships Assignment, VU, Australia
- NRS160 202260: You are an undergraduate nursing student on Workplace Learning in a surgical ward at Codes Hospital: Context of Nursing Assignment, CSU, Austrtalia
- INFS 5102: You are Given the Prices of 5 US Stock between 2016 and 2018: Unsupervised Methods in Analytics Assignment, UniSA, Australia
- You Are An Information Librarian In Your Chosen Library: Information Literacy Assignment, OU, Australia
- SITHCCC019: What Are One Advantage And One Disadvantage Of Using Butter Or Margarine: Produce Cakes Pastries And Breads, VU, Australia
- MTCS5037: Classify The Architectures Of Local Area Networks (LAN) And Wide Area Networks (WAN): Data Networking Assignment, DU, Australia