COMR2002: Matilda is a not-for-profit private education organization. It provides online education in farming anywhere in the world: Business Information Systems, Case study, TUA, Australia
|University||Torrens University Australia (TUA)|
|Subject||COMR2002: Business Information Systems|
- Assessment Task
This assessment aims to assess the student’s ability to solve business problems using database design tools and software. It also aims to enable students to think about the impacts of using IT in Businesses and communicate key issues through a written report.
Many companies depend on the accurate recording, updating, and tracking of their data on a minute-to-minute basis. Employees access this data using databases. An understanding of this technology allows business professionals to perform their work effectively. Please refer to the Task Instructions for details on how to complete this task.
- Case Study
- Background of Matilda
Matilda is a not-for-profit private education organization. It provides online education in farming anywhere in the world. Most of their students are from outback areas of Australia, Papua New Guinea, and New Zealand.
Matilda wants to engage and work in partnership with communities, industries, and businesses. It seeks to provide multiple learning experiences and opportunities to enrich the learning journey of its students. TWI prides itself on being an inclusive provider, offering higher education to people who might not otherwise have the opportunity to experience it. To this end, many of its students have their fees paid partially or fully by the Australian, PNG, or New
One of their projects is called Project “HR DATABASE”. The following are the stages:
- Stage: Develop HR Database System for the Academic Staff
- Stage: Extend the Database system to include administrative Staff
- Stage: Develop a prototype data mart for the HR System that will be used as a basis for developing the data warehouse for the entire university.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
You have been assigned to develop stage 1 of their project.
- Matilda has used spreadsheet software to maintain and monitor its employee information. Its human resource (HR) department is currently struggling to get the updated information of its entire academic and administrative staff. The HR manager maintains the following spreadsheets:
- Employee information (Employee ID, Title, First Name, Middle Name, Last
Name, Birthdate, Street Address, City State, Postal Code, Phone Number,
Mobile Number, Date Hired, Date Terminated, TFN, Department, Location)
- Timesheet for teaching staff (name of staff, hours worked per week, type of
work, (e.g., online facilitation, assessment marking, consultation), hourly rate,
subject name, number of students)
- List of subjects that teaching staff are approved to teach (name, list of subjects)
- Information about the teaching staff (name, location, contact details, status
(part-time, full-time, sessional)
- Administrative staff information (name, position, status (part-time or full-time)
- Teaching staff and administrative staff leave/absence spreadsheet (name of
staff, position, status, no of leave allowed, no of sick leave allowed, dates of leave/absences, type of leave, remaining leave, remaining sick leave, paid/not
paid leave, status (approved or not)
- Staff Professional Development Activities (name of staff, date of activity, type of activity, description of activity, report submitted, funding type)
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Can I solve your case study? Yes. We provide online assignment help in Australia. We have a team of skilled Professors who solve your business information system case study within less time. with 100% plagiarism-free content at a nominal price.
Recent Solved Questions
- You work for a community service organization that provides services and programs for youth in your area: Diploma of Community Service Assignment, VU, Australia
- Discuss the Importance of Exploring a client’s Views on past lives in Regression Therapy Practice: Holistic Counselling Diploma Course Coursework, HHC, Australia
- BX3112 SP 22 Taxation Law – University of Australia
- CHCCOM006: Maintain A Reflection Journal Over The Next 7 Days: Establish And Manage Client Relationships Assignment, VU, Australia
- CHCDIS002: Complete the support plan provided in the Case Study, identifying three ways in which you could support: Follow established person-centred behaviour supports Casestudy, VU, Australia
- BUS10012: Imagine where you would like to be in your life in 5-7 years’ time: Innovative Business Practice Assignment, SBT, Australia
- You Will Then Write A Review Of One Of The Films: Decilitre Research Paper, ANU, Australia
- SITXFIN003: You are the Assistant Manager of TIV Restaurant have been Set a Food Budget: Manage Finances Within a Budget Assignment, VU, Australia
- SITXMGT001: Identify and describe at least two (2) immediate problems affecting efficiency and service levels evident in the scenario: Monitor work operations Report, NSW, Australia
- MGT501: Apply conceptual knowledge of reflective practice in a business context and Critically evaluate business principles and stakeholders: Business Environment Assignment, TUA, Australia