CHCDIS001: How can you avoid making a client/disabled person feel vulnerable and powerless assessment processes relating to ongoing skills development: Communicate Case study, UQ, Australia
- Question 1
Choose two of the following current practices, philosophies, or theories and summarise their key points:
- The social model of disability
- The impact of social devaluation on an individual’s quality of life
- Competency and image enhancement as a means of addressing devaluation
- Practices that focus on the individual person
- Strengths-based practice
- Active support
- Person-centered practice
- Community education and capacity building
- Question 2 How can you avoid making a client/disabled person feel vulnerable and powerless?
- Question 3 List two assessment processes relating to ongoing skills development.
- Question 4 What assessments processes and protocols are used by your organization or service?
- Question 5 Describe what is meant by communication needs, strategies, and resources.
- Question 6 Explain the basic principles of access and equity.
Briefly describe (one paragraph for each) the Legal and ethical considerations for working with people with disability including:
- Duty of care
- Dignity of risk
- Human rights, including the United Nations Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities (UNCRPD)
- Privacy, confidentiality, and disclosure
- Question 8 What tools, equipment, and other resources can be used in the learning process? Give one example of each
- Question 9 Describe the teaching and learning strategy you are familiar with.
- Question 10 Describe a strategy for identifying and maximizing informal learning opportunities.
- Question 11 List three services and resources available to people with special needs.
- Question 12 Describe the principles of prompting and fading prompting.
- Question 13 Name two different strategies you could use to create independence.
- Question 14 What are reinforcing techniques and when and how should you use them?
- Question 15 What are motivators, de-motivators, and blocks to learning?
- Question 16 Define the term incidental learning and describe the importance of recognizing opportunities for learning.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- Task 1
You are responsible along with your supervisor for undertaking a skills assessment for Norma. List three pieces of information you should find out about Norma to help the skills assessment. Who else could you talk to about Norma?
- Task 2
At mealtime, another support worker is asking Norma what she would like to drink. She lists what she has available; orange juice, apple juice, tea or coffee. Norma is stammering her words, and the support worker tries to finish her sentence and guess what she is saying. Should she have done this? Explain why/why not.
- Task 3
Norma’s physical strengths are that she can stand, walk and sit with the aid of a frame. How could you encourage Norma to use these strengths in a bedtime routine?
- Task 4
Norma can dress, but cannot do fiddly tasks like doing up or undoing buttons. To help Norma get dressed should you:
- Select Norma’s clothes and help her get dressed
- Allow Norma to select her own clothes but put them on for her
- Allow Norma to select her own clothes and put them on, but help her with the buttons
- Leave Norma to get dressed on her own
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Are you worried about your Case study? Don't panic Australiaassignmenthelp.com is here to provide an online case study helper we have a panel of proficient case study solvers who are very intelligent & talented. They easily solve your communicate case study related to your university guidelines at a nominal price and submitted before the deadlines.
Recent Solved Questions
- You Are Robert’s Support Worker And You Were Present During The Incident: Communicate Case Study, UON, Australia
- BSBITU313: Set Up Your Desk Ergonomically Before You Commence: Design And Produce Digital, DU, Australia
- Discuss at least One-way Services that are Designed to Encourage Older People: Aged Care Case Study Assignment, VU, Australia
- Management Accounting Coursework Writings – University of Australia
- MMH701: Assess The Relationship Between The Business Environment And The Function Of Human Resourcing: Human Resource Strategy Assignment, DU, Australia
- Solaris IT and Management Solutions Develops and Markets in-house Software Systems: MBA Assignment, CU, UK
- Internal and External Stakeholder Analysis report for Woolworths Group Identify and Analyze the functional areas of the Woolworths Group: Business and Environmental Science Report, JCU, Australia
- MBA641: You are Required to Tender for the Contract to Project Manage the New Sydney Cruise Terminal: Strategic Project Management Assignment, KU, Australia
- Health Work Force Planning Assignment
- SITHKOP002: You Are Required To Complete All Questions And Tasks For Assessment: Plan And Cost Basic Menus Assignment, VU, Australia