BSBDIV501: Create a Statement About Kingfisher Garden Centre’s Position on Discrimination: Manage Diversity in the Workplace Assignment, VU, Australia
|University||Victoria University [VU]|
|Subject||BSBDIV501: Manage Diversity in the Workplace|
Task 1: Introduction and legislation
- Write an introduction to the report. Clearly identify the purpose of the report and what the report aims to achieve.
- Include a definition of diversity and comments on the benefits of diversity in the workplace.
- Write the state/territory legislation relevant to the location of your RTO.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
- Include a list of all the protected attributes or grounds for discrimination.
- Create a statement about Kingfisher Garden Centre’s position on discrimination and define the term discrimination.
- Provide a clear definition of direct discrimination and provide examples to clarify understanding.
- Provide a clear definition of indirect discrimination and provide examples to clarify understanding.
- Explain what ‘adverse actions’ means and provide examples to clarify understanding.
3.4 Allowable discrimination
- Explain how sometimes discrimination is allowable. Give examples that relate to the Kingfisher Garden Centre to clarify understanding.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Task 2: Age, gender, and family diversity
- Review Kingfisher’s diversity policy. How could you improve the diversity policy in the following areas?
- Age-based diversity
- How well does it provide for age-based diversity? How could it be improved?
- Gender diversity
- How well does it provide for gender-based diversity? How could it be improved?
- Parental support, including supporting women returning to the workforce after maternity leave
- How well does it provide for family-based diversity? How could it be improved?
- Work/life balance
- State Kingfisher’s policy stance on work/life balance and any supporting policies and procedures.
- What strategies should be implemented to support work/life balance?
Ensure you address strategies that could support the policy. For example, if you say Kingfisher values work/life balance, what strategies will you put in place to achieve this?
Task 3: LGBTI, disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
Review Kingfisher’s diversity policy. How could you improve the diversity policy in the following areas?
- LGBTI community
- How well does it provide for LGBTI diversity and how could it be improved?
- How well does it provide for disability diversity and how could it be improved?
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- How well does it provide for Indigenous diversity and how could it be improved?
Ensure you address strategies to support the policy in areas 8, 9, and 10. For example, Kingfisher has a scholarship program for Indigenous people. How can the company encourage uptake of this?
- Recruitment and selection
- How can Kingfisher aim for diversity in recruiting (attracting applicants) and promoting employees?
- What strategies can be put in place to prevent discrimination and bias in the selection process?
Task 4: Bullying and harassment
- Review Kingfisher’s diversity policy. Address the following topic areas.
- Bullying and harassment
- Write a clear definition of bullying and sexual harassment. Provide employees with links to websites for where they can go for support and further assistance if they feel they have been bullied or harassed.
- How could Kingfisher’s current grievance procedure be improved? Create a flow chart on the grievance procedure and include it in the Appendix.
- Based on the suggestions for improvement you have made in Tasks 1, 2, 3, and 4, write an overview of the training needs Kingfisher employees will have. Include suggestions for how these training needs will be met, taking into consideration the different needs of your employees. This can be presented as a table.
Promoting diversity to the staff
- How would you promote the benefits of diversity and communicate any updates to a diversity policy to staff? Explain.
Promoting diversity externally
- Besides the AHRI awards, what other external forums could be used to promote Kingfisher’s diversity success and further enhance the benefits of diversity in the workplace to the broader society?
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
- Now that you’ve got a good understanding of what should be in a diversity policy, reflect on Kingfisher’s policy.
- What areas were neglected, or not adequately addressed?
- What are the benefits of having a policy on managing diversity?
What have you learned from doing this report and studying this unit?
Get Help By Expert
Professional Aussie assignment writers of Australia Assignment Help offer the best assistance for (BSBDIV501) Manage Diversity in Workplace assignments and essays. We provide very cheap essay writing services to Victoria University students for any subject. We have a (BSBDIV501) Manage Diversity in Workplace assignment sample for the students who need guidance in solving such types of assignments.
Recent Solved Questions
- Sociology of Difference and Deviance – University of Australia
- Tax Law Assignment Australia
- OMAS110: Show by Calculating the Product AC that C is the Inverse Matrix of A: Fundamentals of Mathematics Assignment, OU, Australia
- You are a Recent Accounting Graduate and have been Employed by the Australian Securities: Accounting Standards and Regulations (ASR) Assignment, UTS, Australia
- Go to the Website Desmos. Then, Click on the ‘Math Tools’ Dropdown: Linear and Non-linear Relations Assignment, SWSC, Australia
- Regression Analysis Masters Assignment For Australia University
- Brad is Planning a Short 3 day Holiday in Wellington, NZ (traveling next month): Software Development Assignment, MU, Australia
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry Assessment Answer
- MBA402: You must Prepare a Sustainability Assessment Report for Tramalway Industries Referring to the Consolidated: Governance, Ethics and Sustainability Assignment, KU, Australia
- FINA6000 Managing Finance – Assessment 3 – Case Analysis