BB106 Melbourne Institute of Technology- Economics Assignment
Discussion question 1 (10marks)
Considering oil as an inelastic product, discuss why OPEC can not keep price of oil high? You need to consider type of good, price elasticity of demand and supply, and the time factor. Your answers must company two diagrams, one for each time frame.
Discussion question 2 (10 marks)
Discuss binding price ceiling and binding price floor with an example. Your answers must company two diagrams, one for each. You are allowed to refer to concepts/context in prescribed text book, however, discussion will have to come from academic sources.
Discussion question 3 (15 marks)
Discuss various measures of cost by completing the following table. This should include fixed and variable costs, average total cost, average variable cost, average fixed cost, and marginal cost. Show all of these in one diagram in relation to Quantity and Price.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Discussion question 4 (15 marks)
Discuss inflation and monetary policies. Using two diagrams for parts a) and b) below, discuss:
a) how supply and demand for money determine the equilibrium price level.
b) Consequences of increase in money supply.
Discussion question 5 (15 marks)
In times of recession and inflation Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) may consider changing the interest rates. Using two diagrams one for expansionary monetary policy and one for contractionary monetary policy discuss how quantity of money supplied and interest rates are linked.
Discussion question 6 (15 marks)
Assume that an economy is in equilibrium in terms of Price level based on consumer price index (CPI) and real GDP, with a CPI of 200 and real GDP of 500 (b$). The economy is experiencing high unemployment and the government intends to achieve near full employment by increasing real GDP to 550 (b$). How aggregate demand oriented expansionary fiscal policy by the government will increase aggregate demand? Discuss both a) demand-side fiscal policy and b) supply-side fiscal policy with a diagram for each.
Get Help By Expert
The Australian expert essay writers at AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com furnish students with the best academic writings in every stream. We have masters and Ph.D. experts in our team that work really hard. Acquire our excellent economics assignment help and score the best grades.
Recent Solved Questions
- You Will Need To Conduct An Evaluation Of The Scenario, Identify The Problem, Diagnosis, Proof Of Causes: Airways Operation And Design Case Study, GU, Australia
- The Equation Below Represents A Monotonic Acid Ionizing With Water To Form Ions: Chemistry Assignment, FU, Australia
- SITHPAT006: Write Down The Attributes That May Indicate A Decline In Quality: Produce Desserts Assignment, VU, Australia
- Using an Entrepreneurial Venture You Wish to Start (the New Venture can be a Stand-alone Entity: Entrepreneurship Assignment, CSU, Australia
- CHCECE011: Describe The Equipment And Resources You Will Use In This Environment: Cert3 Childcare Assignment, VU, Australia
- What is Your Evaluation of Jenkins Proposed Approach to Changing: Stakeholder Value and Ethics Case Study, GU, Australia
- BSBPMG513: Document A Quality Management Plan Using The Template: Management Assignment, DU, Australia
- SITXGLC001: You Have Been Employed As The F&B Manager With Futura Group Hotels: Research And Comply With Regulatory Requirements Assignment, VU, Australia
- Discuss at least One-way Services that are Designed to Encourage Older People: Aged Care Case Study Assignment, VU, Australia
- Case study of Indiana a resident individual taxpayer