BB106 Melbourne Institute of Technology- Economics Assignment
Discussion question 1 (10marks)
Considering oil as an inelastic product, discuss why OPEC can not keep price of oil high? You need to consider type of good, price elasticity of demand and supply, and the time factor. Your answers must company two diagrams, one for each time frame.
Discussion question 2 (10 marks)
Discuss binding price ceiling and binding price floor with an example. Your answers must company two diagrams, one for each. You are allowed to refer to concepts/context in prescribed text book, however, discussion will have to come from academic sources.
Discussion question 3 (15 marks)
Discuss various measures of cost by completing the following table. This should include fixed and variable costs, average total cost, average variable cost, average fixed cost, and marginal cost. Show all of these in one diagram in relation to Quantity and Price.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Discussion question 4 (15 marks)
Discuss inflation and monetary policies. Using two diagrams for parts a) and b) below, discuss:
a) how supply and demand for money determine the equilibrium price level.
b) Consequences of increase in money supply.
Discussion question 5 (15 marks)
In times of recession and inflation Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) may consider changing the interest rates. Using two diagrams one for expansionary monetary policy and one for contractionary monetary policy discuss how quantity of money supplied and interest rates are linked.
Discussion question 6 (15 marks)
Assume that an economy is in equilibrium in terms of Price level based on consumer price index (CPI) and real GDP, with a CPI of 200 and real GDP of 500 (b$). The economy is experiencing high unemployment and the government intends to achieve near full employment by increasing real GDP to 550 (b$). How aggregate demand oriented expansionary fiscal policy by the government will increase aggregate demand? Discuss both a) demand-side fiscal policy and b) supply-side fiscal policy with a diagram for each.
Get Help By Expert
The Australian expert essay writers at AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com furnish students with the best academic writings in every stream. We have masters and Ph.D. experts in our team that work really hard. Acquire our excellent economics assignment help and score the best grades.
Recent Solved Questions
- MBA641: You are Required to Tender for the Contract to Project Manage the New Sydney Cruise Terminal: Strategic Project Management Assignment, KU, Australia
- At Its Meeting Today, the Board Decided to Lower the Cash Rate by 25 basis: Global Economy Assignment, OU, Australia
- MBA631: You are Required to Select an Australian Small to Medium Size Business and Conduct a Digital Marketing Audit: Digital Marketing and Communication Assignment, KU, Australia
- LAW6000: Jeff Owns a Business that makes and sells a well-known Brand of Peach Brandy: Business and Corporate Law Assignment, LIU, Australia
- Sociology of Difference and Deviance – University of Australia
- Tax Law Assignment Australia
- 1599EDN: Create a 5-minute Video Presentation Using Arts Examples made by Indigenous Peoples: World Indigenous Knowledges Assignment, GU, Australia
- CPCCBC4010B: Develop a Plan to Demolish the Existing Dwelling Shown on the Site Plan: Apply Structural Principles to Residential Low Rise Constructions Assignment, VU, Australia
- The war for talent – Human Resource Assignment
- Identify Three Common Internal Stressors that Create a Need for Change: Innovation and Change Assignment, VU