BB104: One Of Your Friends Sammy Is About To Prepare The 31 March Balance Sheet: Introductory Accounting Assignment, MU, Australia
|Subject||BB104: Introductory Accounting|
SECTION A: Case Study A
Background and Content:
One of your friends Sammy is about to prepare the 31 March balance sheet for her new business, Tasty Cookie shop. This is Tasty Cookie’s first month of operation, and Sammy is also going to calculate the first month’s net income. She needs to prepare the balance sheet and calculate net income so she can pass the information along to her parents. They loaned her $5000 so that she could start the business.
Although Sammy thinks that business is booming, she has a big problem. She does not know enough about accounting to prepare the balance sheet to calculate March’s net income. As a matter of fact, Sammy had never heard the words “balance sheet” and “net income” until her parents asked her to promise to give them these statements every month before they would agree to loan Sammy the $5000.
Luckily, Sammy saves every piece of paper associated with Tasty Cookie. She kept copies of all of the business agreements she signed. She deposited all of the money Tasty Cookie earned in the company’s bank account and retained copies of every deposit slip. Sammy also paid every company bill with a cheque and saved all of the related documents.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
Answer all three questions below.
1. Assume Sammy wants to prepare Tasty Cookie’s 31 March balance sheet and March’s income statement according to AASB. Describe to Sammy, in your own words, how she should organize the information about Tasty Cookie’s March transactions so that she can prepare a balance sheet and an income statement and keep her promise to her parents.
2. After a week, Sammy still struggling with all the statements. She has come to you for help (with her parent’s permission). She says, “list five stakeholders of accounting information and briefly describe the information requirements for each in assisting decision-making”. Prepare a written response to Sammy’s request.
3. After a year later, Sammy saved some money from her Tasty Cookie business. She has $3800 to invest in the Australian Securities Exchange. But Sammy is confused about the basic business structures and she asked for your help. Please define four types of business structure and list two key advantages and two key disadvantages of each.
SECTION B: Case Study B
Background and Content:
Sunshine Travel Agency specializes in tour tickets between Perth and Fiji. It books passengers on Virgin Blue. Sunshine Travel’s fixed costs are $23 500 per month. Virgin Blue charges passengers
$1 500 per round-trip ticket.
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Calculate the number of tickets Sunshine Travel must sell each month to (a) break even and (b) make a target profit of $10 000 per month in each of the following independent cases:
1. Sunshine Travel’s variable costs are $43 per ticket. Virgin Blue pays Sunshine Travel a 6% commission on ticket price.
2. Sunshine Travel’s variable costs are $40 per ticket. Virgin Blue pays Sunshine Travel a 6% commission on ticket price.
3. Sunshine Travel’s variable costs are $40 per ticket. Virgin Blue pays a $60 fixed commission per ticket to Sunshine Travel. Comment on the results.
4. Sunshine Travel’s variable costs are $40 per ticket. It receives a $60 commission per ticket from Virgin Blue. It charges its customers a delivery fee of $5 per ticket. Comment on the results.
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
Grab excellent help in (BB104) Introductory accounting assignments by the experts of AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com and stay happy always. Melbourne university assignment help has a team of assignment writers that understand student's needs and work hard. Worry no more and ask us for an assignment service at a low price.
Recent Solved Questions
- CPCCBC4003A: Requires You To Select The Building Contract That Is Appropriate For The Residential Project Provided: Diploma Of Building And Construction Assignment, VU, Australia
- Indigenous peoples in many regions have a long history of devastation from epidemics brought by colonizers, from the arrival of the first Europeans in the Americas who brought smallpox: communications culture Report, UM, Australia
- SITXFIN003: List 8 Examples For Financial Records: Manage Finances Within A Budget Assignment. VU, Australia
- An Initial Design Calculation Is To Be Undertaken For A Large Refrigeration Plant: Thermal Engineering Assignment, SU, Australia
- BSBPMG513: Document A Quality Management Plan Using The Template: Management Assignment, DU, Australia
- David is the new accountant for a company that builds small aeroplanes for hobby enthusiasts: Bachelor of Business Accounting, Assignment, WSU, Australia
- SITHCCC019: What Are One Advantage And One Disadvantage Of Using Butter Or Margarine: Produce Cakes Pastries And Breads, VU, Australia
- SEJ751: There are different ways to characterize the environmental impact of a product. The MET Matrix is such a tool used in industry: Materials Performance and Durability Assignment, DU, Australia
- CHCCOM005: You enter a client’s room without personal protective equipment (PPE). After leaving the room, a co-worker tells you that the client has an infection that requires contact precautions: Communicate and work in health or community services coursework, QU, Australia
- SITHCCC007: List the Food Safety Aspects Which must be Considered During the Production of Soups Stocks: Prepare Stocks, Sauces and Soups Assignment, VU, Australia