An Initial Design Calculation Is To Be Undertaken For A Large Refrigeration Plant: Thermal Engineering Assignment, SU, Australia
An initial design calculation is to be undertaken for a large refrigeration plant that will service a frozen goods warehouse. The warehouse is to be kept at a temperature of -20.0°C and the total refrigeration heat load is 1.50 MW. The refrigeration system is to reject heat to the ambient air at 30.0°C and operate with a discharge pressure of 1.60 MPa and a suction pressure of 60.0 kPa.
Model the refrigeration system as an ideal vapor compression cycle.
(i) Draw an equipment diagram, labeling all heat transfer and work interactions.
(ii) Draw the refrigeration cycle on T-s (temperature-entropy) and P-h (pressure-enthalpy) diagrams. The diagrams show the cycle with respect to the saturation lines, indicate the direction of the cycle progress and label all heat transfer and work interactions.
(iii) Determine the mass flow rate of the refrigerant flowing through the cycle (in kg/s).
(iv) Determine the power required to drive the compressor (in kW).
(v) Determine the coefficient of performance of the refrigeration system.
(vi) If the refrigeration system were modified by replacing the throttling valve with an isentropic turbine, what would the required net power input into the modified refrigeration cycle be (in kW)?
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
(vii) Show the modified refrigeration cycle in part vi) on a T-s (temperature-entropy) with respect to the saturation lines, indicating the direction of the cycle progress and labeling all heat transfer and work interactions.
(viii) If an ideal reversed Carnot cycle refrigeration system were used to cool the warehouse, what would the net input power requirement be (in kW)?
(ix) Show the reversed Carnot refrigeration cycle in part viii) on a T-s (temperature-entropy) with respect to the saturation lines, indicating the direction of the cycle progress and labelling all heat transfer and work interactions.
The performance of a single-cylinder four-stroke engine is to be accurately modeled using a Diesel cycle with air-standard assumptions (accounting for variations in specific heats). The engine operates at 1200 rpm with a peak exhaust temperature of 620 K. At the start of the compression process the air in the cylinder is at 310 K and 95.0 kPa. The engine has a bore of 10.0 cm, a stroke of 15.0 cm, and a clearance volume of 84.0 mL. The heat delivered by the combustion of the fuel is 25.0 MJ/kg fuel.
(i) Plot the engine cycle on P-V (pressure-volume) and T-s (temperature entropy) diagrams showing each stage in the cycle, the direction of the cycle progress, and all heat transfer and work interactions.
(ii) Determine the compression ratio, r.
(iii) Determine the mass of air in the cylinder (in kg).
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
(iv) Determine the temperature (in K) and pressure (in kPa) at the end of the isentropic compression process.
(v) Determine the temperature at the end of the heat addition portion of the cycle (in K).
(vi) Determine the amount of heat rejected per cycle (in kJ).
(vii) Determine the total heat addition from combustion per cycle (in kJ).
(viii) Determine the total power output from the engine (in kW).
(ix) Determine the thermal efficiency of the cycle.
(x) Determine the mass of fuel required to run the engine for 8 hours (in kg).
Stuck in Completing this Assignment and feeling stressed ? Take our Private Writing Services.
Get Help By Expert
If you are planning to take online assignment help for Thermal Engineering assignments then hire online assignment experts of Australia Assignment Help and score good grades at the Sydney University (SU) Australia. We have an engineering assignment help for the students who need guidance to write their assignments by themselves.
Recent Solved Questions
- SIT40516: Description Of Evidence Required Briefly Explain What You Do: Certificate IV In Commercial Cookery Assignment, HI, Australia
- Discuss at least One-way Services that are Designed to Encourage Older People: Aged Care Case Study Assignment, VU, Australia
- NRSG265 : Mr. Vinh Nguyen is a 48-year-old male, who emigrated from Vietnam over 30 years ago: Principles of Nursing: Medical Case Study, ACU, Australia
- You Will Then Write A Review Of One Of The Films: Decilitre Research Paper, ANU, Australia
- NRSG635: You are a new graduate nurse working in a surgical ward You have been there for one month and have been administering medications safely:Nursing Essay, ACU, Australia
- Income Tax Law Assignment Question- University of Australia
- HI5020: Identify The Different Sources Of Funds That Have Been Used By Your Selected Companies: Corporate Accounting Assignment, HI, Australia
- As A Support Worker Identify Three People/Positions/Roles That May Be Considered: Communication Homework, UOA, Australia
- The Following are the Years that the Big Market Crashes Happened Since 1900 in the US Stock Market: Economics Essay, CU, Australia
- Linda Wong Owns A Restaurant Called Chinese Dragon Which Disclosed: Taxation, SU, Australia