Akala Akala is an Aboriginal Australian who suffers from a degenerative respiratory disease: Communication Assignment, UOS, Australia
|University||University of South Australia (UOS)|
Provide individualized support Knowledge assessment
Define each of the following terms and give an example for each:
- Person-centered practice
- Strengths-based practice
- Active support
Describe the roles and responsibilities of each of the following groups in providing support to a client:
- Carers and family
- Person being supported
- Health professionals
- Individual workers
A service delivery model is a framework of policies, procedures, and principles that guides how a service is delivered to clients. What is the service delivery model within a disability/youth organization/sector? What are its principles? What documents within an organization provide you with this information?
Conduct independent research and provide an overview of the intent of each of these legal and ethical requirements and how they are applied in an organization and individual practice.
- Privacy, confidentiality, and disclosure.
- Duty of care.
- The dignity of risk.
- Human rights.
- Mandatory reporting.
- Work role boundaries
There are a number of factors that may affect a person requiring support. For each of the following factors, give a scenario of how a person requiring support may be affected, both personally, and in relation to their support plan.
- Mental health
- Career issues.
Which practices can you undertake to ensure that you maintain and develop your own work skills? Name at least two.
Define ‘unmet needs’ and give an example from your personal work experience with a client. Where this is not possible, give a hypothetical scenario. Ensure that you maintain the anonymity of your clients.
What are the risk management procedures that you undertake in your support worker role? How do you recognize and respond to risk?
1. Case Study G: Akala Akala is an Aboriginal Australian who suffers from a degenerative respiratory disease. She requires a constant oxygen supply from a tank
|Opportunity||Goal||Strategy||Responsible person(s)||Target date|
|Akala feels that her current support worker doesn’t respect her cultural beliefs||Find a support worker with a better rapport and cultural understanding||Contact an ACCHO for advice and/or referral||Supervisor||14/07/17|
Suggest one alternative strategy that could be used to address Akala’s issues with her current support worker.
2. Question 1
You are Robert’s support worker. What are your responsibilities, according to his care plan
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Help By Expert
Avail of the best college assignment help for communication assignments. we have a diligent team of experts who provide brilliant solutions on communication assignments at the lowest price. so hurry up and get an outstanding rank in each assignment.
Recent Solved Questions
- BUSM4591: Understand The History And Evolution: Employment Law, RMIT, Australia
- CHCDIV001: Danielle is the practice manager of a large dental practice in the city. She is the only female staffer at management level: Work with diverse people Case Study, VU, Australia
- HI5020: Identify The Different Sources Of Funds That Have Been Used By Your Selected Companies: Corporate Accounting Assignment, HI, Australia
- NURS1103: You have been Asked to Interview Your Patient to Learn About Their Health History: Clinical Reasoning Case Study, UoN, Australia
- LAW512 Research Paper- University of Australia
- ACC00716: Your Case Company wants to Purchase an Asset: Finance Assignment, SCU, Australia
- List Ten (10) Relevant Work Health And Safety Information That You Need To Explain To Personnel: Certificate IV In Commercial Cookery Assignment, VU, Australia
- CHCECE011: Describe The Equipment And Resources You Will Use In This Environment: Cert3 Childcare Assignment, VU, Australia
- HI5001: Jim’s Cleaning Services Prepares Financial Statements At The End: Accounting For Business Decisions Assignment, OU, Australia
- ECON 2300: It is argued that output may be endogenous: Introductory Econometrics Assignments, VU, Australia