HI5020 Corporate Accounting Assignment Help – Holmes Institute Australia
Select a public limited company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Go to the website of your company. Then go to the Investor Relations section of the website. This section may be called, “Investors”, “Shareholder Information” or a similar name.
In this section, go to your firm’s annual reports and save to your computer your firm’s latest annual reports consecutively for the last three years. For example, these may be dated 30 June 2016 or 31 March 2017. Do not use your firm’s interim financial statements or their concise financial statements. Please read the financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, statement of changes in owner’s equity, cash flow statement) very carefully. Also please read the relevant footnotes of your firm’s financial statements carefully and include information from these footnotes in your answer.
You need to do the following tasks:
CASH FLOWS STATEMENT
1. From your firm’s financial statement, list each item reported in the CASH FLOWS STATEMENT and write your understanding of each item. Discuss any changes in each item of the CASH FLOWS STATEMENT for your firm over the past year articulating the reasons for the change.
2. Provide a comparative analysis of your company’s three broad categories of cash flows (operating activities, investing activities, financing activities) and make a comparative evaluation for three years.
Are You Searching Answer of this Question? Request Australian Writers to Write a plagiarism Free Copy for You.
OTHER COMPREHENSIVE INCOME STATEMENT
1. What items have been reported in the other comprehensive income statement
2. Explain your understanding of each item reported in the other comprehensive income statement
3. Why these items have not been reported in Income Statement/Profit and Loss Statement
ACCOUNTING FOR CORPORATE INCOME TAX
1. What is your firm’s tax expense in its latest financial statements?
2. Is this figure the same as the company tax rate times your firm’s accounting income? Explain why this is, or is not, the case for your firm.
3. Comment on deferred tax assets/liabilities that are reported in the balance sheet articulating the possible reasons why they have been recorded.
4. Are there any current tax assets or income tax payable recorded by your company? Why is the income tax payable not the same as income tax expense?
5. Is the income tax expense shown in the income statement the same as the income tax paid shown in the cash flow statement? If not why is the difference?
6. What do you find interesting, confusing, surprising, or difficult to understand about the treatment of tax in your firm’s financial statements? What new insights, if any, have you gained about how companies account for income tax as a result of examining your firm’s tax expense in its accounts?
Get Solution of this Assessment. Hire Experts to solve this assignment for you Before Deadline.
Get Custom Help With Experts
If you are looking for Corporate Accounting assignment help, Australia? Then AustraliaAssignmentHelp.com is the best choice for you. Here Holmes institute assignment writers provide you excellent and outstanding accounting assignment writing at a low cost with 24/7 assistance.